• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

Duffy31

Congratulations! Just curious to know, did your recruiter happen to mention how many 1835s were selected this round vs how many applied?
No he didn't mention that. He said that the list came out a couple of hours ago.

jh81

Nothing from my recruiter either. Anyone have any insight on the 1835 results?

I think what I have learned is that some recruiters know how to access Navy systems to pull this information whereas others do not. I think there was a recruiter in the past who was able to articulate which system to go to in order to view the list.

bryanteagle6

Disillusioned already? ;)

Not at all - but others do and I wanted that person to be properly warned! HA

Do you find that, once trained [and pinned], extremely qualified people do a noticeably better job once they're in? Or does the lack of actual time doing the job (if they're not mobilized) act as a ceiling for how well they can perform?

I would say its less "highly qualified people" (everyone selected is highly qualified really, that's why you made it), and more the people that keep the reason in front of them and stay focused vs disillusioned. New JOs say, "well I thought this program would be like this - or my in my civilian job we do that," and can get frustrated. You need to embrace what it is and then control your career to get what you want out of it. AND stay focused on your service, priorities, and needs of the Navy.

"Do a better job" is a loaded statement too. Depends on the job. If you are asking specifically as a Hot Sh@%T IWO/analyst, I would say no one is any good until they can some sort of active time under their belt with AT (at least), ADSW, or MOB. I'm doing awesome at the ADMIN part, ha!

crazed

So, so far, it seems like only 3 people on this thread have heard from their OR about selection status. Are the rest of us waiting till Monday to pester our OR's ? lol