• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

GCJ8404

Am curious of any of these people directly supervise your performance or work with you in a position to see/know your performance.
Of course...and I am in no way attempting to trumpet the people I know, but my OR said have some excellent LOR's.
  • I serve on a Board of Directors with the VP of the pharmaceutical company.
  • I served in the US Coast Guard Auxiliary with the Lawyer and together we qualified (through PQS) to be crewmembers
  • I worked in the same PMO as the Project Manager and we both traveled for work and were client facing
  • I work every day with with the Cybersecurity Information Officer in a corporate setting

IWC2021

Now we wait. Based on prior boards it looks like ~4 weeks is a decent estimate for the first result notices to go out, más o menos. Is there any feedback or info that trickles out before that to those of you on the inside that you can share, such as general stats on the size of the prospect pool, number of approved slots in 18x5, etc.? Good luck to all, and I'll post anything I hear. This board is spectacular in terms of providing info - thanks to all of the people who spend time sharing and posting to help out the uninitiated.

The waiting is the worst part. I was doing well until now - now that I know a decision is imminent, I just want the answer so I know if I can move on/try again.

My recruiter said he would tell me how I did on my interviews, but I've texted him a couple different times and he's avoided the question and just responded to another question I've asked lol.

Does anyone know how we'll hear a yes/no? My recruiter said I would hear a no from him, but when I asked how I would get good news...radio silence...I would be more concerned, but it's been this way the entire process.

link6

My recruiter said he would tell me how I did on my interviews, but I've texted him a couple different times and he's avoided the question and just responded to another question I've asked lol.

I was very lucky to have a recruiter who immediately forwarded all of the interviewers' forms to me (which I guess isn't normal?).

Did yours at least give you your scores (e.g., 10/10/9)?

I wouldn't interpret the silence too negatively, especially since it's been the rule rather than the exception. Maybe cold call him just to get some clarity for the likely way forward? Fingers crossed for you.

I was very lucky to have a recruiter who immediately forwarded all of the interviewers' forms to me (which I guess isn't normal?).

Did yours at least give you your scores (e.g., 10/10/9)?

I wouldn't interpret the silence too negatively, especially since it's been the rule rather than the exception. Maybe cold call him just to get some clarity for the likely way forward? Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks! No, he didn't give me the scores either. Yeah I guess I should cold call and hopefully get some clarity.

link6

Thanks! No, he didn't give me the scores either. Yeah I guess I should cold call and hopefully get some clarity.

Yeah, I think that's warranted at this point, especially if it's causing you undue stress throughout the day. (I know I was pretty stressed in the weeks following my interviews, when I didn't know my scores.) I'm sure he's busy, but he can take a moment and resolve that for you.

fy18dco

Now we wait. Based on prior boards it looks like ~4 weeks is a decent estimate for the first result notices to go out, más o menos. Is there any feedback or info that trickles out before that to those of you on the inside that you can share, such as general stats on the size of the prospect pool, number of approved slots in 18x5, etc.? Good luck to all, and I'll post anything I hear. This board is spectacular in terms of providing info - thanks to all of the people who spend time sharing and posting to help out the uninitiated.

It took 2 months for the September board to get results back.

fy18dco

Recruiter will call once the board results are posted. For my recruitment district, selectees were called pretty much immediately after the results were posted. I think the non-selects eventually heard back a few weeks after that.

link6

It took 2 months for the September board to get results back.

Ouch. Curious about the process: Are all decisions fundamnetally made the day/week of the board, and then the wait is just the Navy pulling all the threads together in advance of releasing some sort of definitive "selected" list?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Ouch. Curious about the process: Are all decisions fundamnetally made the day/week of the board, and then the wait is just the Navy pulling all the threads together in advance of releasing some sort of definitive "selected" list?
That's correct. All decisions are made during the board convene dates, everything past that is NRC releasing those results.

IWC2021ARMY2NAVY

DCO2021ARMY2NAVY
Did anyone get an update on their board result? It’s almost close to 3 weeks. My recruiter informed that it’s taking longer than the normal, I just wanted to check with this group to see if all other applicants are in the same boat.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Did anyone get an update on their board result? It’s almost close to 3 weeks. My recruiter informed that it’s taking longer than the normal, I just wanted to check with this group to see if all other applicants are in the same boat.
I believe the last one was close to 8 weeks before results were out.