• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

tr2190

Trying to gauge how competitive of a candidate I am for the 1835 Intel September board. Is there anyone who made it through who can provide some guidance as to what a successful candidate looks like? Obviously an advanced degree, high interview scores, good LORs, etc. are a must, but I am hearing mixed insight as to whether prior or current relevant work is a must. Just trying to understand how the board choses one candidate over another.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Trying to gauge how competitive of a candidate I am for the 1835 Intel September board. Is there anyone who made it through who can provide some guidance as to what a successful candidate looks like? Obviously an advanced degree, high interview scores, good LORs, etc. are a must, but I am hearing mixed insight as to whether prior or current relevant work is a must. Just trying to understand how the board choses one candidate over another.
It’s a whole person concept. Looking at your record, why do you want to be an intelligence officer? Why not another designator?

fy18dco

Does anyone know if the Board convened for certain? The processor assigned to my packet mentioned that there had been significant delays and that he was not certain if the Sept 20 date would hold.

Otherwise, best of luck to everyone!

The board was held

Hair Warrior

Contributor
You should really educate yourself on the promotability of 1835's in the Reserve to the rank of O4 and higher prior to making this your first choice.
Or, take it one day at a time. Their first O4 look (if selected today at ENS) would be in the 2030s, and the world will be very different.

(But as someone who’s a lot closer to that first look, yeah it’s pretty abysmal.)

Duffy31

If we get professionally recommended in November, when will commissioning commence?
My friend was selected during the last boards. He's on about week 20 and still hasn't been commissioned. Some people were though and have already gone through ODS but apparently the majority have not yet.

GCJ8404

I happen to think we'll get notification of selection (or non-selection) about Mid October if not before. I think NRC is more efficient and will move to get the results out.

fy18dco

You’ll receive notification in mid November. If selected, expect to commission no earlier than March. Expect to be gained maybe a month or two after that. ODS within 12 months.