• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

newnavymember

Congrats to the selectees! Get ready for the long wait until commissioning lol.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with questions about the post-PRO REC Y process/timeline, I just went through this in the last year.
Hey man, are you prior military? how long it takes to get commissioned after getting a local unit assigned? how long until your unit sends you to ODS? thank you.

number9

Contributor
Just finished my panel interview. I think it went well, but of course it's very competitive so you never know what can happen. Now to hurry up and wait until September/October!

Thanks to everyone here who helped me get this far, and to one member (who knows who they are) in particular who went above & beyond. If anyone has any questions about the process, please feel free to ask here or DM me so I can pay it forward.

zachlaird4

Stand By!!!!..... FIRE!!!
Hello everyone,

I just found this tread and want to see if you guys think I have any chance in the IWC community.

Here is my info:
BS in Mechanical Engineering technology
MS in Mechanical Engineering
PhD Student in Mechanical Engineering.
6 years as a civilian mech engineer (worked with aviation medical devices, electronical engineering research lab, and now for navy on torpedo's)
6 years of USMC reserves as a Senior artillery section chief (supervisor of the cannon and crew)

I understand that there is CEC and EDO. I am just trying to cover my bases for all DCO programs. I want to become a naval officer and whatever designator I could get would be amazing.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Hello everyone,

I just found this tread and want to see if you guys think I have any chance in the IWC community.

Here is my info:
6 years as a civilian mech engineer (worked with aviation medical devices, electronical engineering research lab, and now for navy on torpedo's)
6 years of USMC reserves as a Senior artillery section chief (supervisor of the cannon and crew)

I understand that there is CEC and EDO. I am just trying to cover my bases for all DCO programs. I want to become a naval officer and whatever designator I could get would be amazing.
Do you have your FE credential yet? That may be a requirement for EDO.

Also, even though the app allows you list up to five choices, reality is that three is understood to be the max.

If you're considering something IWC, it would good to do some digging and identify what you think you want to do, as the IWC is composed of more than just INTEL... On paper, you're qualified to apply, but may not be as competitive as someone who already works in the field. I've seen it go both ways, so don't let that stop you, prima facie. Just be able/ready to tell a more compelling story than the next applicant.

goodtiming

Hello everyone,

Here is my info:

Hey, we have a similar background as far as engineering, but the biggest question is how is your IT experience? BTW I was selected as an IP on the last board.

zachlaird4

Hey, we have a similar background as far as engineering, but the biggest question is how is your IT experience? BTW I was selected as an IP on the last board.
I'm sorry I am just now replying, I didn't see your message.

I don't work directly with solving IT problems everyday but I guess I have somewhat of a decent knowledge on IT. I wouldn't know a good gauge to compare myself against.

goodtiming

I don't work directly with solving IT problems everyday but I guess I have somewhat of a decent knowledge on IT. I wouldn't know a good gauge to compare myself against.

You should apply then it wouldn't hurt

number9

Contributor

I would take a look at the designations' info sheets and see if you think you'd like the job; e.g. here is the info sheet for an 1825 IP.

In terms of recruiters, my OR has been great but he doesn't have any connections to the Information Warfare Community. I thought about what I wanted to do, did a lot of research, and tracked down the people I wanted to talk to. If your OR is being helpful overall but can't find IWC resources, it's possible to stick with him/her but do the networking yourself.

Last edited:

number9

Contributor
I haven't seen that sheet before, where did you find it?
I think you meant to quote my post, apologies if not. But you can Google those info sheets; the other thing you might want to check out are the program authorization sheets as they contain more information on how the programs are structured. They can also contain some more detailed information on suggested or required qualifications: e.g. CISSP, Security+, etc.

Here is the 1825 program authorization.

zachlaird4

I think you meant to quote my post, apologies if not. But you can Google those info sheets; the other thing you might want to check out are the program authorization sheets as they contain more information on how the programs are structured. They can also contain some more detailed information on suggested or required qualifications: e.g. CISSP, Security+, etc.

Here is the 1825 program authorization.

Yes I meant to reply to your message, I guess I pushed the wrong button. I have looked at the all the PA for the IWC community. I exceed all the education requirements and etc, just not the desired work experience.