• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

DiscoSpud

Anyone have any insight on the results?

I can say that there are some who have been deferred to the next board because there were too many applicants. I was notified of this by my recruiter on 4 October.

On the topic of the deferments, I was hoping someone could answer some questions. My recruiter said he wasn't entirely sure on the process and would look it up, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Do I need to complete a new packet, or do they literally just save the packets that were set aside and review them at the next board? If I do need to submit a new packet, is it subject to time restrictions for the interview and physical or other components? My interview was in March 2021 and my physical was November 2020.

I'm just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row as early as possible. This has been a long process that started in the spring of 2020 and I haven't even gotten a packet seen by a board yet.

bryanteagle6

Not sure I fully understand your question - so I'll answer this way. Promotion to O2 and O3 for 1835s is near 100%. If you do what you are suppose to do and stay in the lanes, your good. Then you must board for O4 promotion as stated above. They select around 70 each year for O4 recently. We don't know what it will look like for sure even next year - not to mention 9 years from now when a new O1 will get a look. Im not sure what @fy18dco is exactly referring to when they say that the numbers are 80% of need. As an example: right now there are about 200 O2s in the reserve 1835 pool - about 100 per "year." So if nothing changes (which it will - some will get out and others will transfer in from AC, other designators, etc) then in 5 years when those O2s can get their first look, there will be 100 sailors for 70 spots, in zone. This is a rough explanation, lots of factors involved. The math is weird too!

number9

Contributor
Not sure I fully understand your question - so I'll answer this way. Promotion to O2 and O3 for 1835s is near 100%. If you do what you are suppose to do and stay in the lanes, your good. Then you must board for O4 promotion as stated above. They select around 70 each year for O4 recently. We don't know what it will look like for sure even next year - not to mention 9 years from now when a new O1 will get a look. Im not sure what @fy18dco is exactly referring to when they say that the numbers are 80% of need. As an example: right now there are about 200 O2s in the reserve 1835 pool - about 100 per "year." So if nothing changes (which it will - some will get out and others will transfer in from AC, other designators, etc) then in 5 years when those O2s can get their first look, there will be 100 sailors for 70 spots, in zone. This is a rough explanation, lots of factors involved. The math is weird too!
In general terms, all else being equal, how quickly do reservists advance assuming you don't mobilize in your first 4 years? How long to pick up O-1, O-2 etc.? (I realize that this probably an extremely general version of general terms.)

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
In general terms, all else being equal, how quickly do reservists advance assuming you don't mobilize in your first 4 years? How long to pick up O-1, O-2 etc.? (I realize that this probably an extremely general version of general terms.)
Promotion to O2/O3 are essentially automatic, based on time in (the previous grade; 2yrs). Assuming no derogatory conduct, you’ll advance automatically.

bryanteagle6

promotion timeline is not attacked to MOBs etc either. You won't promote faster or slower if you MOB "the first 4 years." You could be Mobbed the whole time or just make coffee on DWE (metaphor) and it is 2 yrs to O2 then 2 yrs to O3.
side note: it is not likely that you will MOB your first 4 years at all. But year 5+.......

I know some people who were selected in April, many actually, who still have not signed and actually joined. It's a long process, so settling in is the best for sanity's sake!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I know some people who were selected in April, many actually, who still have not signed and actually joined. It's a long process, so settling in is the best for sanity's sake!
Can confirm. Know of one individual who has been waiting on COMDOCs and other paperwork so long, they got picked up for Chief and are now going through season. They will likely pin on anchors before pinning on bars.

bryanteagle6

Ha - well that is awesome to make chief! Im sure the catch up from the move around of boards due to COVID has been an issue. It will take some time but people are moving through the process. A navy unit in our same spaces just gained two new ENS and one additional ENS about two months back. I am not a recruiter and can not get access to their systems, but Navy register shows a pattern of about 8 new COMMS a month for the last few months. If that is helpful at all - navy register is not the most efficient system.

DiscoSpud

I can say that there are some who have been deferred to the next board because there were too many applicants. I was notified of this by my recruiter on 4 October.

On the topic of the deferments, I was hoping someone could answer some questions. My recruiter said he wasn't entirely sure on the process and would look it up, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Do I need to complete a new packet, or do they literally just save the packets that were set aside and review them at the next board? If I do need to submit a new packet, is it subject to time restrictions for the interview and physical or other components? My interview was in March 2021 and my physical was November 2020.

I'm just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row as early as possible. This has been a long process that started in the spring of 2020 and I haven't even gotten a packet seen by a board yet.

For anybody wondering, if your packet is deferred to the next board, nothing actually gets deferred. It simply means your packet was not seen. You need to submit a new, complete packet again. So, I now need to do a new interview because my last one will have been expired by a single day.