• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 21 IWC DCO Reserve Board

trakanon

Contributor
I was able to get a medical waiver to submit my packet before the deadline earlier this month as long as I completed my medical two weeks prior to the board convening. Fortunately, I was medically qualified today. Regardless of the outcome on September 20th, I appreciate everyone's assistance who posted little nuggets throughout this messaging board. It really can give someone an edge if they look hard enough. Best of luck to everyone on deck this go around.

Good luck what designators did you select

tr2190

I was able to get a medical waiver to submit my packet before the deadline earlier this month as long as I completed my medical two weeks prior to the board convening. Fortunately, I was medically qualified today. Regardless of the outcome on September 20th, I appreciate everyone's assistance who posted little nuggets throughout this messaging board. It really can give someone an edge if they look hard enough. Best of luck to everyone on deck this go around.
Results are announced September 20?

tr2190

I've seen many of you post your credentials. Very impressive group all around. I understand this is a very competitive process, but decided to give it a go. Anyone who made it through (and those who are still applying) feel comfortable sharing their background, training, experience, LORs, interviews, etc.? Totally new to this.

trakanon

Contributor
I think you got a great score good odds. My OR is unable to disclose my scores they aren't supposed to so not sure where I stand. The impression that I got from my panel is that as a reserve DCO they are looking for leadership and management expertise above all things. I am more on the technical side not a manager I think that puts me a little bit at a disadvantage - so if you are interviewing as IP or CW be ready to articulate effectively why you would be an effective leader. Why does the Navy need you as an officer if they have technical personnel on the enlisted side? I also chose a specific designator the next time if I decide to go the reserve route I will choose more than one designator to improve my odds. One of the feedback that I got about IP 1825 is that it is extremely competitive. I'm waiting to see what happens I'm thinking November is when we will know. I'm very motivated about this seriously considering going the OCS route for FY22.

tr2190

I think you got a great score good odds. My OR is unable to disclose my scores they aren't supposed to so not sure where I stand. The impression that I got from my panel is that as a reserve DCO they are looking for leadership and management expertise above all things. I am more on the technical side not a manager I think that puts me a little bit at a disadvantage - so if you are interviewing as IP or CW be ready to articulate effectively why you would be an effective leader. Why does the Navy need you as an officer if they have technical personnel on the enlisted side? I also chose a specific designator the next time if I decide to go the reserve route I will choose more than one designator to improve my odds. One of the feedback that I got about IP 1825 is that it is extremely competitive. I'm waiting to see what happens I'm thinking November is when we will know. I'm very motivated about this seriously considering going the OCS route for FY22.
Appreciate it. Would the OCS route require you to enlist first?

crazed

I would think you are very competitive with that kind of experience! PAO doesn’t seem like an alternative to Intel, it seems like the designator you’d excel at and best serve in!

The story about your buddy with 15+ years experience is what worries me. However, Intel does select the most applicants so that’s good. To me, my extensive research background and education fits well with Intel and my various roles at ASU speak to leadership and ability to work with people of all backgrounds, but it’s not what I think, it’s what they think!
Hi @My9iron. You have a very impressive CV. Did you end up getting selected for the FY 21 board? I'm asking because I'm waiting for the FY 22 results, and my CV is sort of similar to yours -- PhD Mathematics, MS Applied Math, BS Computer Science, BS Mathematics, with 7 yrs of experience in academia.

Last edited:

zamtz

This has to be one of the worst things I have ever heard of. A guy in my old unit was selected on the same board as me. They made him mob and he didn't even commission until over a year after me. I really don't understand the logic in this.
Does that apply to all prior enlisted or was this just a specific case? I only ask because I've been selected and have yet to mobilize as a reservist.

CMR1984

Does that apply to all prior enlisted or was this just a specific case? I only ask because I've been selected and have yet to mobilize as a reservist.
I have never mobilized. Got selected MAR22 board. Sounds like I won’t have to even though I signed a page 13. Recruiter emailed me this week he should receive my oath soon. MOBs are not in demand like they were in years past.