• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

Well guys I read the last 7 pages or so to catch up, looks like mine was last updated on Sept 15th. All the data is still there, makes me feel like I made it close but not to the final cut. Sounds like Sept 18th guys were the final cut but who knows! Hopefully we find out in 2 days.

weq820

FY16 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot
weq820 how do you feel about your submission? Is this your 3rd?

Yeah, this was my third package.
Unfortunately, I don't think my chances were great. I had a new CO for this package and he gave me all 10s except for one area: academic ability or whatever that area is. And, honestly, I have NO idea why he scored me that way; I've actually been kicking ass academically.

But, he did score me that way and, from what I understand, that's grounds to kick your package immediately.

The only thing giving me hope is that I believe my package is pretty competitive. If the board looked past my Co's recommendation, then that would give me a fighting chance... I guess we'll see!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Unfortunately, I don't think my chances were great. I had a new CO for this package and he gave me all 10s except for one area: academic ability or whatever that area is. And, honestly, I have NO idea why he scored me that way; I've actually been kicking ass academically.

But, he did score me that way and, from what I understand, that's grounds to kick your package immediately.

The only thing giving me hope is that I believe my package is pretty competitive. If the board looked past my Co's recommendation, then that would give me a fighting chance... I guess we'll see!

That's stinks your CO did that to you. Last year I got a "Good" from the Chair of my external board in the same academic category. Don't count yourself out! Make it a point to prove to them that you are worthy. Beat up some Calculus/Physics courses and try again if this isn't your year. I wish you the best! Good luck!

weq820

That's stinks your CO did that to you. Last year I got a "Good" from the Chair of my external board in the same academic category. Don't count yourself out! Make it a point to prove to them that you are worthy. Beat up some Calculus/Physics courses and try again if this isn't your year. I wish you the best! Good luck!

Funny thing is, I completed Calc 1 with an A.

I'm really close to a degree in cyber security and that doesn't require physics or calculus, so I'm just focusing on those classes for now. This will be my last STA-21 application. Next is OCS.

Also, thanks and good luck to you as well!

Tonya

Soooo, I just checked my package status for the first time, all of my information is there and last update 10Aug.....i don't really think this is linked to anything, lol

weq820

No, there's no correlation. I'm sure we'd know by this year if there was. :p

But it's still interesting to speculate! Better than sitting on our hands!

Tonya

I really just wish they would put out a release date other than "October". I keep wasting my time checking msg traffic, so instead i keep checking here before I check msg traffic, lol. Last year it was released the 17th, the year before...the 29th.

weq820

The year before, 2013, it was released on the 29th because there was a really bad storm that flooded and shut down a lot of the East coast in October.

It was the worst wait of my life... Haha

Los_23

This year, my command didn't let me see my package after my boards. I didnt get to see any of my scores for any interview. :/ My last command, i didnt have that issue. How many more credits do you have left weq820?