• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
I am finally scheduled for my first interview in New Orleans. Spoke with my recruiter and he is going to set up another interview in Fort Worth for me as well. I'm pretty excited at the actual progress that we are making in this application process. I hope the selection board later this year doesn't get cancelled.

Good luck in NOLA. I enjoyed my interview there. You will most likely meet with LCDR Phillips for your OIC endorsement. She is very good but will keep you on your toes with the questions. Don't sweat it. Relax and enjoy the time you spend there. Listen to what they say IRT ways to improve your submission. Ask questions about ways that you can improve if they do not bring it up. Of the 243 people from the last IDC board 5 people interviewed in NOLA 4 of them were selected 2 IP and 2 Intel. 4 out of 5 isn't bad.

RaginCajun

Good luck in NOLA. I enjoyed my interview there. You will most likely meet with LCDR Phillips for your OIC endorsement. She is very good but will keep you on your toes with the questions. Don't sweat it. Relax and enjoy the time you spend there. Listen to what they say IRT ways to improve your submission. Ask questions about ways that you can improve if they do not bring it up. Of the 243 people from the last IDC board 5 people interviewed in NOLA 4 of them were selected 2 IP and 2 Intel. 4 out of 5 isn't bad.

Thanks for the info!

So, I do 2 boards, correct? the OIC and the panel? Are these both the same day?

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Yes, same day. I did the panel interview first it was 2 CDR's (Intel) and 1 LCDR (IP) then you go across the hall and talk with the OIC (Intel) The OIC will also do your prescreen interview for the TS/SCI. That part is easy. It is almost like the sf86 in oral format. It is best if the panel has someone from each community that you are applying for i.e. Intel/IP/IW (I donot think that part is required). In my case I did a second panel and OIC interview that had an IW. Ended up getting selected for IP which was my first choice anyway.

RaginCajun

Yes, same day. I did the panel interview first it was 2 CDR's (Intel) and 1 LCDR (IP) then you go across the hall and talk with the OIC (Intel) The OIC will also do your prescreen interview for the TS/SCI. That part is easy. It is almost like the sf86 in oral format. It is best if the panel has someone from each community that you are applying for i.e. Intel/IP/IW (I donot think that part is required). In my case I did a second panel and OIC interview that had an IW. Ended up getting selected for IP which was my first choice anyway.

Dumb question time:

If I'm submitting for this board, how do I know if I'm going for IP/IW/Intel?

Honestly, I don't care which I get, I just want to serve.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Based on your background and experience I would tell the recruiter that you want to apply for x,y,z and this is my first , second and third choice. Your recruiter should be able to tell you which you are most suited for. so you may not apply for all three (4 if you include METOC). At the board you need to know which one you want and why. Spend some time on Google and read all you can about the different jobs. If the board reccommends that you change the order or which one you are applying for listen to them.

Devil Duck

Is the TS/SCI pre-screening done on interview day? Or only after you have been selected?

You'll turn in an SF86 prior to the interview. It will be reviewed and pre-screened. Just about every DCO position requires a TS/SCI - some require CI polygraphs (IW/some IP). The SSBI will not be initiated unless you're selected.

Messiah62

Last time I applied I did 5 seperate 1 on 1 interview. I guess this time I have to do an a board instead. Are you suppoed to wear your Service Dress if you are military? Or should I wear buisiness clothes as if it where an interview?

PapaK

Completed my Medical Checkup. My interviews will be requested next week. Div-O tells me it'll likely be a panel. Quite excited. Always up for the next step. Anyone got links to the sample questions posted in various parts for the forum, please post them. Need to be prepared in two languages. Thanks.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Completed my Medical Checkup. My interviews will be requested next week. Div-O tells me it'll likely be a panel. Quite excited. Always up for the next step. Anyone got links to the sample questions posted in various parts for the forum, please post them. Need to be prepared in two languages. Thanks.

This is a good resource for board related questions:

RIAC/OIC GUIDE TO LOCAL DIRCOM BOARDS
This guide is intended as a tool for RIAs in establishing effective local DIRCOM boards.
Questions and procedures are 'best practices' gleaned from various RIAs and should not be construed as requirements.
And this is a good resource for the entire process. some info may be a little dated but it is good reference maretial

Hector Torres

htorrespr
This is a good resource for board related questions:

RIAC/OIC GUIDE TO LOCAL DIRCOM BOARDS

This guide is intended as a tool for RIAs in establishing effective local DIRCOM boards.
Questions and procedures are 'best practices' gleaned from various RIAs and should not be construed as requirements.
And this is a good resource for the entire process. some info may be a little dated but it is good reference maretial

This is a good source indeed. I used it to prepare myself for the board interview. How is your process going Mr.Innocent?

RaginCajun

My interview got cancelled this past weekend due to the Navy's scheduling conflicts. It's okay though, more time to prepare. 3 months until the selection board, right? Anyone know if it's possible to find out how many slots they will have open?

Hector Torres

htorrespr
My interview got cancelled this past weekend due to the Navy's scheduling conflicts. It's okay though, more time to prepare. 3 months until the selection board, right? Anyone know if it's possible to find out how many slots they will have open?

I know a few members here are able to find out. Hopefully it'll be more than the 9 for the MAR12 board. The board is in SEP but the deadline to turn in the packets is in mid-August I think.

RaginCajun

Yes, I've already filled out the NASIS form, i misunderstood and thought there were another interview solely for that.

As far as I know, my packet is done. Just have to do my interviews and wait.

Also, I thought there were a bunch of pro-rec's in march?