• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

RaginCajun

The OIC where I interviewed said there were over 250 people applying. I believe it. I'm very ready to just find out. If I make it, Great. If I don't they'll be seeing my application again in March. I want in.

I really wish they would post some sort of stats, like the number of people with no prior service selected, number of people with Graduate Degrees selected, etc.

cardeea

I spoke with my OR today and he stated that there is no board for Intel this month. I don't know to be upset or pissed, beacuse my kit will not be seen! Is there a board on 17 Sept? I have a really strong kit that I want to be reviewed.

Background:
DHS Employee with a TS (2yrs)
11 yrs Leadership Ops Manager
MBA and BSBA
LOR O6, O5, E9 EDO, E9 EDO, E9 Seal
OAR 50

What's going on with the boards or is my OR?
Feedback please...

kitchen6

Really? No board? Wow.. Great... I spoke with my OR today and he did not mention this.. He said we're still slated for the 17th

cardeea

^^
I am not saying there is no board. I am asking will the board convene? I have been reading the board will be meeting for IDC DCO on the 17th. If so I need to do something different with my OR, like see a different one.

OHNavy

Truckin'
^^
I am not saying there is no board. I am asking will the board convene? I have been reading the board will be meeting for IDC DCO on the 17th. If so I need to do something different with my OR, like see a different one.

Sounds like you have not had your panel interview yet? That is what I interpret your question on the "board convene" to be. Yes, the IDC selection board is scheduled to meet 17 SEP to review all the completed kits. The required interviews and the board on 17 SEP are two different things.

If you don't have those interviews knocked out, you'll very likely need to wait until the MAR 2013 IDC board. Sounds like you have your application kit pretty much ready minus the panel interview.

Good luck!

cardeea

Sounds like you have not had your panel interview yet? That is what I interpret your question on the "board convene" to be. Yes, the IDC selection board is scheduled to meet 17 SEP to review all the completed kits. The required interviews and the board on 17 SEP are two different things.

If you don't have those interviews knocked out, you'll very likely need to wait until the MAR 2013 IDC board. Sounds like you have your application kit pretty much ready minus the panel interview.

Good luck!

I was saying the exact same thing to myself. I know I needed the panel interview prior to the board and my kit (entire kit) has been in the OR office since MARCH including MEPS! That is just NO excuse for that.... Thanks for the follow up.

exNavyOffRec

I spoke with my OR today and he stated that there is no board for Intel this month. I don't know to be upset or pissed, beacuse my kit will not be seen! Is there a board on 17 Sept? I have a really strong kit that I want to be reviewed.

Background:
DHS Employee with a TS (2yrs)
11 yrs Leadership Ops Manager
MBA and BSBA
LOR O6, O5, E9 EDO, E9 EDO, E9 Seal
OAR 50

What's going on with the boards or is my OR?
Feedback please...

Why did you take the OAR? It isn't required.

exNavyOffRec

The Intel requirements stated that a OAR is needed? Plus I was inquiring of full active as well.

For active yes, for DCO (reserve) no. I am wondering if your OR wasn't talking about the active IDC board being cancelled, it was and for good reason.

cardeea

I am interested in both. But due to active duty being over strength and low recuriting, making DCO my first option. When is the next due date for kits to be submitted for Intel DCO?

OHNavy

Truckin'
I am interested in both. But due to active duty being over strength and low recuriting, making DCO my first option. When is the next due date for kits to be submitted for Intel DCO?

Not sure on 2013 dates, however Post #96 on this thread has insight into the 17 SEP IDC board's timings (for historical perspective). Your OR will have dates that may be NRD specific. In my case, the application kits were pretty much wrapped up and at the NRD by end of JUL. They then had QA processes to ensure we were good to go.

Bottom line, your OR will provide guidance on dates.

cardeea

He stated (my OR) that my kit will go before the board in March (kits due end of Feb). That could be the case on NRD specific (area/ zone). I am really wanting to get this started for many reasons..

Thanks for the follow up guys. If more info comes around keep me/us posted.

yingty01

The OIC where I interviewed said there were over 250 people applying. I believe it. I'm very ready to just find out. If I make it, Great. If I don't they'll be seeing my application again in March. I want in.

I really wish they would post some sort of stats, like the number of people with no prior service selected, number of people with Graduate Degrees selected, etc.

Anecdotal evidence only (based on my personal, but limited observations): More selectees than not have graduate degrees. Not as sure about NPS.

das

Contributor
^^

The IDC DCO board for INTEL, IW, IP, and OCEANO convenes 17-22SEP12.

The package deadline was 24AUG12. If you hadn't done your interviews and/or had your package submitted by that date, you will not be considered at this board. The next board will be in March 2013.