• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

Anyone know where I can get additional info on this board regarding stats, board observations, zones, and/or selection results? I tried scrubbing public navy mil and couldn’t find it. I believe the Intel DCO selection board met yesterday.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Anyone know where I can get additional info on this board regarding stats, board observations, zones, and/or selection results? I tried scrubbing public navy mil and couldn’t find it. I believe the Intel DCO selection board met yesterday.
Your recruiter will have access to the list. The results are posted to an internal sharepoint and not available to the public.

Patiently waiting (not really) for my recruiter to call me with the board results. Trying not to blow up his cell phone. Anyone else waiting to hear from this board?

Bchris27

Patiently waiting (not really) for my recruiter to call me with the board results. Trying not to blow up his cell phone. Anyone else waiting to hear from this board?

If you look at the FY19 board, when the September board took place, most selectees did not start getting notified until the beginning of October. I'm personally not going to bother my recruiter until I start seeing people post on here that they heard they were selected, but I would expect around the 1st of April.

I was DQ’d from the Board because I’m still Active Duty. They didn’t care if I had separation orders or that I’m separating in June 2019. This is frustrating. How is someone supposed to career plan?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Take a deep breath and relax. Your timeline is not the Navy’s timeline.

How old are you? You can commission in your 40’s whether you are prior service or not. The average age for IWC DCO is probably older than you think.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was DQ’d from the Board because I’m still Active Duty. They didn’t care if I had separation orders or that I’m separating in June 2019. This is frustrating. How is someone supposed to career plan?

You need a DD-214 in order to apply. Otherwise you could potentially get accepted and all of a sudden you decide to stay in, taking away a spot from someone else who might have been qualified.

subreservist

Not sure why or how you were able to put in a package in the 1st place???

Your OR should have asked about your military status at the very beginning. If you're active duty (presuming Navy, but even if a different branch), why didn't you go through your command career counselor regarding an officer package?

What did you submit in place of a DD214?

Not sure why or how you were able to put in a package in the 1st place???

Your OR should have asked about your military status at the very beginning. If you're active duty (presuming Navy, but even if a different branch), why didn't you go through your command career counselor regarding an officer package?

What did you submit in place of a DD214?
I have a unique job in the Air Force where my rank is masked and I don’t wear a uniform. I work in intel.

My Recruiter assumed I was in the reserves for some reason. My package also passed through several Quality check phases. No one ever asked.

The board apparently really liked me and considered a waiver but Big Navy said no and that I have re-apply in September.

I have a unique job in the Air Force where my rank is masked and I don’t wear a uniform. I work in intel.

My Recruiter assumed I was in the reserves for some reason. My package also passed through several Quality check phases. No one ever asked.

The board apparently really liked me and considered a waiver but Big Navy said no and that I have re-apply in September.
I submitted my Separation orders and DD form 368, conditional release signed by my CC.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

That’s something (your service component status) you need to tell your recruiter from the get-go. The recruiter doesn’t need to know the ins and outs of your job, but he/she does need to know if you’re active duty or not. DCO applicants can’t submit until they have a DD-214 on hand, not separation orders.

You are confusing the board with your DCO interview panel. If you are ineligible you didn’t make it to the board.

That’s something (your service component status) you need to tell your recruiter from the get-go. The recruiter doesn’t need to know the ins and outs of your job, but he/she does need to know if you’re active duty or not. DCO applicants can’t submit until they have a DD-214 on hand, not separation orders.

You are confusing the board with your DCO interview panel. If you are ineligible you didn’t make it to the board.
I didnt know AD would be a disqualifier. But anyhow, this has been a teacable moment. I feel confident about the September board. I got a lot of positive feedback.