• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

Very impressive to have a completed BS/MS at 23 AND 3 years of professional experience. It sounds like you have a steep upward trajectory. If you don't mind sharing, what was the designator you got selected for?

Designator 1805. MS will be completed in May as part of my PhD (it's complicated, didn't want to make my signature too lengthy). During undergrad I got really lucky when a local start up was hiring students for their operational analyst side of things when they got aquired by a major reinusrance company. I worked there alongside undergraduate honors research.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Keep re-applying... Also check out other services like the Coast Guard or Air Force who seem more appreciative of well qualified applicants. If you are an attorney during the day, the Air Force will gladly take you as a Reserve JAG.

Good news for prospective Air Force officers. Back in 2017 recruiters told me they weren't sending selected candidates to OTS for most non-aviation AFSCs until 2020. It's one of the reasons I chose Navy over Air Force. Well, 2020 is right around the corner. :)

Frank Papageorgio

I still have not heard whether I was selected by the 1835 DCO board and my OR’s staff looked up my status. Last status was that it was sent before the board successfully. Is there an email that is being sent to regional recruiting commands? The reason I am asking is, because the office checked the PRIDE system, as well as, my profile.

Any insight is appreciated.

Also, thank you to the contributors of these threads; it is tremendous help through a arduous and otherwise, low information, process!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I still have not heard whether I was selected by the 1835 DCO board and my OR’s staff looked up my status. Last status was that it was sent before the board successfully. Is there an email that is being sent to regional recruiting commands? The reason I am asking is, because the office checked the PRIDE system, as well as, my profile.

Also, thank you to the contributors of these threads; it is tremendous help through a arduous and otherwise, low information, process!

PMII accounts are usually the first to be updated. They used to send lists much sooner but then discovered active duty applicants were able to access such.

I still have not heard whether I was selected by the 1835 DCO board and my OR’s staff looked up my status.

That makes at least two of us still without an answer. I suspect there might be more. Nothing to be done here other than wait until we get one of the three possible answers: "Yes", "No", and "Your package was incomplete, you were not considered".

Frank Papageorgio

PMII accounts are usually the first to be updated. They used to send lists much sooner but then discovered active duty applicants were able to access such.
Does that mean if others are being notified and a query of my account indicates no positive update, that I was likely not selected or am I overthinking this?

Does that mean if others are being notified and a query of my account indicates no positive update, that I was likely not selected or am I overthinking this?

Was anyone notified that they were selected for the 1835 DCO board?
Those that indicated a designator, referenced a different IWC designator.
I dont know the answer for your first question to be honest, but to your next question, yes I was selected for 1835

Frank Papageorgio

Serious question, why are others receiving board results (including the other 1835 DCO candidate on this thread, which is the same board my package was sent to), but I am informed by my OR that nothing has been posted by NRC. A recent query of my PMII revealed no new updates.

Is this a bad sign for me?

Thank you-

Frank Papageorgio

Serious question, why are others receiving board results (including the other 1835 DCO candidate on this thread, which is the same board my package was sent to), but I am informed by my OR that nothing has been posted by NRC. A recent query of my PMII revealed no new updates.

Is this a bad sign for me?

Thank you-

1. My package was submitted with no prior enlisted performance evaluations. Think it will make a difference in being selected? I was not in the Navy previously, it was quite a while ago, and I did not have access / time to retrieve my enlisted performance evals (hardly remember these). Big deal with a considerable break in service from another branch?
  2. To those in the same situation as my previous post. Some are indicating that they were selected for 1835. The Pro-Rec Y list is not posted by NRC and the final list not posted either... No recruiter knows if their applicant was a final select for the 9/16/19 - 1835 DCO board yet. I read that the Pro-Rec list was temporarily posted and taken down, not sure about that, but that list is not final, can change, and only means the applicant is on the right track. Again, final list not posted and PMII’s not updated yet for 1835’s. Can’t speak for others.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
  1. My package was submitted with no prior enlisted performance evaluations. Think it will make a difference in being selected? I was not in the Navy previously, it was quite a while ago, and I did not have access / time to retrieve my enlisted performance evals (hardly remember these). Big deal with a considerable break in service from another branch?
  2. To those in the same situation as my previous post. Some are indicating that they were selected for 1835. The Pro-Rec Y list is not posted by NRC and the final list not posted either... No recruiter knows if their applicant was a final select for the 9/16/19 - 1835 DCO board yet. I read that the Pro-Rec list was temporarily posted and taken down, not sure about that, but that list is not final, can change, and only means the applicant is on the right track. Again, final list not posted and PMII’s not updated yet for 1835’s. Can’t speak for others.
Prior years the entire board results are posted, it contains all of the IWC designators. My recruiter seemed to be able to pull the list from the Sharepoint page weeks before others recruiters notified them of their status. I guess it depends on the experience of your recruiter.

subreservist

I’m not sure how big a deal it is. Some processors will not allow packages to proceed for priors without evals regardless of how long it’s been or branch of service.

But if both the district and NRC processors plus program manager allowed your package through to board, it most likely isn’t a big deal.

Maybe...lol!