• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

Top_Chef

Congratulations. I guess that dispels the myth you need a 2.8 for undergrad.
I was selected for CW as well.

Well not exactly. According to the program authorization my recruiter gave me, 2.5 is the minimum for CW whereas 2.8 is the minimum for Intel. That being said, at no point in this process (recruiter, processor, OIC, board, etc) was I ever considered ineligible for either program due to my undergrad GPA. I specifically included my undergrad GPA here to address that point. I read through the last several pages of discussion about this topic and was hoping for some more authoritative information.

Regardless, congratulations on your selection. This is a small community and I reckon we will cross paths at some point.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
As a Recruiter I'm 4-8 on this board. Those that were not selected were incredibly qualified and I'm in fact surprised they did not make it! My recommendation is for those that want the job you NEED prior service experience as Enlisted or as a GS/Contractor or BOTH! Foreign languages a plus, not required. Certificates absolutely! Masters preferred not required. Will post the details tomorrow.

USNAVY

One of my selections last year had a 2.73 undergrad gpa. His masters was above a 3.4 in cyber security. I’m happy to post the rest of his stats if anyone cares.
I was found ineligible for this board because my Masters is not complete and my undergrad GPA was a 2.56. Most people on here are saying I will not be eligible once I complete my masters with a GPA around 3.7 /3.8

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I was found ineligible for this board because my Masters is not complete and my undergrad GPA was a 2.56. Most people on here are saying I will not be eligible once I complete my masters with a GPA around 3.7 /3.8
MOST people on here did not, there were a few of us that merely pointed out the wording in the PA that was published in January 2017. If his applicant was selected for CW, he would have gone by the 2015 PA which only required a 2.5. The @Top_Chef had a cumulative GPA higher than 2.8, if his AA and BA were averaged. Feel free to start your own thread regarding your situation if you need to keep revisiting it.

USNAVY

Ive been around this process about 7 yrs. This is my 3rd board - i have pretty much experienced every possible scenario you can think of in this process. I have been upset, excited, motivated, discouraged, downtrodden, inspired, unqualified, and recreated. Do exactly what you said above but focus on what you want, who you are, and what you can control. If you put together the best possible package you can - do everything you can to improve it each cycle - and stay true to the reasons your doing it --- then you have done all you can do! Feel good about it.

The only thing that gets me - is the boards have been increasing in competitiveness every board so much, a candidate really has to up their game in between each board!

good luck to those who have improved and wish to serve!
Thanks for the encouragement. Ill be back next year!

FormerSquidCop

Not the year for me.

I've got some suspicions as to what kept me from making the final cut, and I can work on that. My sincerest thanks to the CW selects who shared their background info.

Edit: And good luck! It is a downer, but I'm also impressed by the caliber of people who are picked up. The USNR will be better with you guys onboard.

Not the year for me.

I've got some suspicions as to what kept me from making the final cut, and I can work on that. My sincerest thanks to the CW selects who shared their background info.

Edit: And good luck! It is a downer, but I'm also impressed by the caliber of people who are picked up. The USNR will be better with you guys onboard.

Wow what a roller coaster day... I was not selected by this board, I’m now 0 for 3 trying to join the Navy, but received word I’ve been endorsed for a position in the Air Force Reserve. I’ll get to serve after all. What a wild ride... good luck to everyone. It’s good to be among like-minded, motivated people.

shiner237

Congratulations to those who were selected. Unfortunately, this was not my year. I am looking forward to another board next year which will be #4 for me. Already working on improving my package. I have an action plan and will work toward my goals. Hopefully, I will be able to pick up the baton next year. At that point I will still have 17 good years to give to the Navy. In the mean time, life goes on...If I can survive now that my son is learning to drive!
Cheers everyone, see you on the next thread!

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Wow what a roller coaster day... I was not selected by this board, I’m now 0 for 3 trying to join the Navy, but received word I’ve been endorsed for a position in the Air Force Reserve. I’ll get to serve after all. What a wild ride... good luck to everyone. It’s good to be among like-minded, motivated people.

I'm curious what you were told regarding the Air Force. I've been looking into that as well. It's a lot different, though. They really build you up from the ground-up. By that, I mean a general pipeline is taking the AFOQT, then going through full OTS (9.5 weeks) and ~23 week Undergraduate Cyber Training.

Last edited by a moderator: