• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

Just got the call from my recruiter... I was a non-select as well.

Congrats to everyone who was picked up, and good luck to those trying again. I've aged out unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Congrats to all here and all others who got selected!

Fastest response ever! Good job LT

non-select here - rough numbers
256 applicants
96 total selectees
INTEL - 80
CW - 7-8
IP - 7
other - 1

Wow! That's a lot for Intel, and 96/256 selected overall is a high rate.

Does anyone know if all those selected for Intel meet all the de facto qualifications to be competitive? Eg. Undergraduate and graduate degree(s) in STEM, civilian intelligence / analyst experience, etc.?

FormerSquidCop

Intel was always the field I heard the horror stories about (years of overseas experience, multiple graduate degrees, multilingual non-selects, etc). I'm surprised by that too.

khestergk

Congrats to all here and all others who got selected!

Wow! That's a lot for Intel, and 96/256 selected overall is a high rate.

Does anyone know if all those selected for Intel meet all the de facto requirements to be competitive? Eg. Graduate degree(s), civilian intelligence / analyst experience, etc.?

I was told from my recruiter that three he has picked up for intel:
2 - prior intel experience
1 - BS with no experience

I was encouraged to try intel next year. He was really surprised I wasn't picked up for IP with my work experience, GPA and graduate degree. Though I'm pretty sure my non-tech degree probably had a lot to do with it.

bryanteagle6

i don't know anyone that has been selected - only one out of my NRD was selected.
They use to do 2 boards a year and select 30-40 intel ppl (during the surge of the war) so 80 once a year seems high but not ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

I was told from my recruiter that three he has picked up for intel:
2 - prior intel experience
1 - BS with no experience

I was encouraged to try intel next year. He was really surprised I wasn't picked up for IP with my work experience, GPA and graduate degree. Though I'm pretty sure my non-tech degree probably had a lot to do with it.

Huh, I'm curious what the BS with no experience was bringing. Maybe prior enlisted, knew critical languages (eg. Korean, Persian, etc.), or knew the right people?

What's your work experience? Are you an IT security/infosec or networking professional? Do you hold certifications?

The Program Authorization for IP says certain degrees are "strongly preferred but not required." But as we're talking about DCOIC here, they are probably de facto required.

i don't know anyone that has been selected - only one out of my NRD was selected.
They use to do 2 boards a year and select 30-40 intel ppl (during the surge of the war) so 80 once a year seems high but not ridiculous.

See this, it was posted elsewhere in the forum https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rttbd4nxyn4955/IDC DCO Boards Statistics.xls?dl=0

In FY16 and FY17, it was only 50 and 53 selected, respectively.

bryanteagle6

sure - ive seen that - that's my point.
2010 - 88 INTEL
2011 - 81 INTEL
2012 - 114 INTEL
2013 - 107 INTEL
2014 - 90 INTEL
2015 - 80 INTEL
2016 - 50 INTEL
2017 - 53 INTEL
2018 - 80 INTEL

2016/2017 Obama scale back and "post" war number fix. Every other year is 80+ since IDC/IWC boards

I didn't expect 80 to be selected this year either - but im not shocked. (shocked i wasn't selected!! ha)

best of luck to others