• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 18 IWC DCO BOARD

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
In order to do that they would need to create a bunch more billets, so that is doubtful, they also won't even get info they need to figure out selection numbers until the end of the year, often when they select in Jan they don't even have hard numbers yet.
INTEL is over-manned so it will be interesting to see what the numbers are for quotes. In other news, Intel O4 select rate for this last board was 66% and it's only going to get worse.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
In some areas the mentor is assigned, it is not up to the applicant to find their own mentor. I am unsure of the mentor role. If you had the opportunity to aid in the development of your potential teammates would you do it? Maybe the IWC is the only community that is requiring a mentor for applicants.
The ReServe IWC sucks when it comes to mentors. When I was commissioned as an Intel guy, the only reason I had a mentor was because I found a unit I wanted to drill with, found the contact info for the CO and the XO, called them, and was assigned a unit member as a "mentor." In my current community, IP, it is worse. The O6 IP's like to talk about mentoring, truth is YMMV.

You have to drive your own ship in these waters. For those of us who are prior enlisted, this is OK, however, for a civilian new the military it can lead to extreme frustration.

USNAVY

Ok, so a few weeks ago my recruiter told me my package was submitted. Now he came back and said the intel board is not accepting anymore kits this year.... does anyone has any info on this? Sounds like i'm getting the runaround...

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Ok, so a few weeks ago my recruiter told me my package was submitted. Now he came back and said the intel board is not accepting anymore kits this year.... does anyone has any info on this? Sounds like i'm getting the runaround...

Well, it seems like everyone wants to be INTEL these days...

With the consistently high number of (super/over) qualified applicants, perhaps the board just decided that they more than enough stacks of paper to get through this cycle. :(

Maybe your kit was submitted before this new 'chop'.

If not, hopefully, non-reviewed kits are automatically bumped to the next board without re-submitting...:rolleyes:

If qualified, have you considered re-organizing your top three choices on the application? Maybe you can try for CW or IP, or CWE?

@NavyOffRec, care to weigh in?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
FY18 applications don't open till 1 Oct 17. Doesn't make sense for an OR to submit or even allowed to submit until the start of the next FY.

FormerRecruitingGuru

My recruiter told me just a little while ago "they cut everyone" I don't get it.

Um, no they didn't. They just won't accept applications between the application deadlines and the remaining part of the fiscal year. That's recruiting 101 right there. If a recruiter misses a deadline, they'll typically slow roll someone until they can submit again on 1 Oct.

USNAVY

Um, no they didn't. They just won't accept applications between the application deadlines and the remaining part of the fiscal year. That's recruiting 101 right there. If a recruiter misses a deadline, they'll typically slow roll someone until they can submit again on 1 Oct.
Are you currently a recruiter sir? Idk what is going on or why my recruiter is telling me this.

USNAVY

There are a few football teams that need to cut everyone, but NRC doesn't do that with applications.
I'm at a loss for words and don't know what to do, how I should handle this or who I should talk too to get to the bottom of what my recruiter told me today and find out what really is going on..

FormerRecruitingGuru

I'm at a loss for words and don't know what to do, how I should handle this or who I should talk too to get to the bottom of what my recruiter told me today and find out what really is going on..

Take a deep breath and relax... the next board isn't until January anyway. Whether you apply now or the submission deadline in early December... you are going to the same exact board. Your recruiter probably is new or somehow realized he cannot submit between now and 30 September. I would follow up in the coming weeks to ensure your application gets sent out. If it's November and there's no movement/progress... THEN I would be concerned.

USNAVY

Take a deep breath and relax... the next board isn't until January anyway. Whether you apply now or the submission deadline in early December... you are going to the same exact board. Your recruiter probably is new or somehow realized he cannot submit between now and 30 September. I would follow up in the coming weeks to ensure your application gets sent out. If it's November and there's no movement/progress... THEN I would be concerned.
Thank you Sir. Here is what my recruiter said:

"Ok so I just found out that the Intel board is no longer excepting anymore kits this year. I have spoken with my chain of command and the CO is getting involved. So what that means to you is your kit will not be accepted this year. When I find out more info I will let you know"

AMGunner

I was told by my recruiter today that the application window is now closed due to interview and medical screening being filled and to check back in January for FY 19 efforts. Not sure if that is a regional bottleneck or not. If it was it would be nice to be able to submit under another region.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I was told by my recruiter today that the application window is now closed due to interview and medical screening being filled and to check back in January for FY 19 efforts. Not sure if that is a regional bottleneck or not. If it was it would be nice to be able to submit under another region.
Yikes. What region are you in?

sqlfunkateer

Sorry to hear about that guys. Small consolation but you've got one less competitor, most likely. I got held up before being sent to MEPS because, in a questionable flourish of honesty on the forms, I hearkened back to my youth when my parents said I had asthma (maybe never diagnosed). No symptoms in adulthood. Months pass, I'm barreling along accruing certs and knocking out my masters...they deny to proceed due to asthma, say I can appeal with a spirometry/PFT test I pay for and a doctor says, no more asthma. I do this, doc writes the letter. A month passes, they reply, didn't like one of the numbers on my test and give me the DQ...but will reconsider if I do the methacholine challenge test. Well, OK then...I finally get a chance to do it, but I'm coming down with a cold (not in my chest though). Still haven't seen the results (or the bill!!) but the methacholine eventually got to me enough to slow down my breathing. So hells bells, maybe I do have some symptoms after all (at least when they pump that gas into my lungs). But they were only going to reconsider with a completely clean test result, so...yeah, curtains for my naval aspirations (ha, pun not intended).

Hopefully they'll get that stuff straight and you guys can get your packages submitted properly. Shame for that work to go to waste (would say the same thing about myself, but with four certifications acquired this year and likely a masters degree by December or January, plus being in better physical shape than...ever...I can't complain about the progress I've made, spurred on by this particular goal). I'll be cheering y'all on in December for Army-Navy, anyway!