• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

inpassing

For those who may be interested I spoke to my OR, he told me he does not have a list of PROREC's. He has access to a recuriting tool that shows our stage in the process. He said beside my name is "PRN" (PROREC/No I assume), while another applicant has nothing in that field. He expects a full list to be available within a few weeks. Is this in line with what your own OR are telling you?

Is it possible PRN means my packet never made it to the board?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
For those who may be interested I spoke to my OR, he told me he does not have a list of PROREC's. He has access to a recuriting tool that shows our stage in the process. He said beside my name is "PRN" (PROREC/No I assume), while another applicant has nothing in that field. He expects a full list to be available within a few weeks. Is this in line with what your own OR are telling you?

Is it possible PRN means my packet never made it to the board?
Umm....I think there's a separate notice for whether you packet has made it to the board. PRO-Board, or similar? My OR at the time specifically told me when my kit had be processed and accepted/sent to the board. @NavyOffRec / @RUFiO181 , care to comment?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Umm....I think there's a separate notice for whether you packet has made it to the board. PRO-Board, or similar? My OR at the time specifically told me when my kit had be processed and accepted/sent to the board. @NavyOffRec / @RUFiO181 , care to comment?

PRIDEMOD II has been slow with updating the status of an applicant. Yes, PROREC results are still distributed, but your OR needs to know where on the NRC SHAREPOINT to find them. NRC hasn't been emailing the lists as much nowadays and expect ORs to find it on sharepoint.

inpassing

My OR found the results (PRN) on PRIDEMOD is that the same as the results on SharePoint (glad that no matter which agency we all live and die by SharePoint).

Last edited:

sqlfunkateer

They use SharePoint, eh? That could be beneficial for me as a next-year IP DCO hopeful...not that I'm a SharePoint guru but I have a lot of experience working with the database side. Any organization that uses SharePoint has a SQL server sitting somewhere usually in a lot of pain :)

khestergk

I'll see you guys next year, I was told to work on my statements. Finishing up my MBA this year before I start on my EDD. Starting to wish I had gone STEM but with my background there didn't seem to be much of a point. Best of lock to everyone next year I'll be right there with you.

MTRIO

If you are going for IW I would suggest an advanced degree in STEM. For instance I have my thesis left in software engineering. If you are looking for IP then CISSP or security+. Intel also would recommend that you are working towards an advanced degree in something related to intelligence or politics. Always be working towards something. If you are going to be in the Navy or are now that's always going to be the case. At least that's my experience and hopefully makes sense.
Where did you get the cissp and security thing from? Cause I have a security + a master's degree in information systems and 10 years of cyber experience within the Intel field and I was a non select. And this was my 3rd try and had all good interviews and leadership... So I think a cissp is priority period no exceptions, if someone had a security+ and got I'm let me know who ? Also I have no military experience besides law enforcement ..... I need answers

MTRIO

Everybody says this that but truly I don't think nobody knows what they want???? Im curious to know the selections based on race and genders?

Mark I

Since posting that I’ve been selected, I’ve been asked what my background looks like. Thought I’d share publicly, but considering that I’m an academic I believe I was a rather non-traditional applicant. From reading other stories on this site, I was honestly surprised that I was selected. Happy to answer any questions or provide more information. To those who were non-select, good luck and bon courage for next year!

General background:

-Selected for 1835
-28 years old
-White male (cf. person wondering about race/gender)
-Clean medical history, no problems at MEPS
-Current Ph.D. student in History at a university outside of Boston
-First time applying (I did part of this process while living abroad)

Things I had:

-M.A. in History from aforementioned university outside of Boston
-B.A. in History and French from the state university of NJ (4.0 GPA)
-Published academic
-Read/write/speak proficiency in French (fluent) and Arabic (advanced)
-Fulbright scholarship
-Extensive living and traveling experience in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East
-Scored 100 on all interviews
-Letters of recommendation from my Ph.D. advisors and from close friends (one of whom is a former 1LT in the Army)
-Extensive teaching experience
-Modest campus leadership/community service

Things I DID NOT have:

-Prior military experience
-Civilian intelligence experience
-Law enforcement or federal experience
-Corporate/business experience
-STEM background
-Security clearance
-Certifications of any kind
-Letters of recommendation from anyone in the intelligence community
-Letters of recommendation from anyone in the Navy
-Letters of recommendation from a member of congress

MTRIO

Since posting that I’ve been selected, I’ve been asked what my background looks like. Thought I’d share publicly, but considering that I’m an academic I believe I was a rather non-traditional applicant. From reading other stories on this site, I was honestly surprised that I was selected. Happy to answer any questions or provide more information. To those who were non-select, good luck and bon courage for next year!

General background:

-Selected for 1835
-28 years old
-White male (cf. person wondering about race/gender)
-Clean medical history, no problems at MEPS
-Current Ph.D. student in History at a university outside of Boston
-First time applying (I did part of this process while living abroad)

Things I had:

-M.A. in History from aforementioned university outside of Boston
-B.A. in History and French from the state university of NJ (4.0 GPA)
-Published academic
-Read/write/speak proficiency in French (fluent) and Arabic (advanced)
-Fulbright scholarship
-Extensive living and traveling experience in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East
-Scored 100 on all interviews
-Letters of recommendation from my Ph.D. advisors and from close friends (one of whom is a former 1LT in the Army)
-Extensive teaching experience
-Modest campus leadership/community service

Things I DID NOT have:

-Prior military experience
-Civilian intelligence experience
-Law enforcement or federal experience
-Corporate/business experience
-STEM background
-Security clearance
-Certifications of any kind
-Letters of recommendation from anyone in the intelligence community
-Letters of recommendation from anyone in the Navy
-Letters of recommendation from a member of congress

Congratulations!

You know what? You are a very educated young man keep that up..... by the way I'm black, not trying to play the race card just trying to see how these selected statistics played out. maybe I need to look into other skillsets

What about your leadership Mark?

eckama

Sea Warrior
Where did you get the cissp and security thing from? Cause I have a security + a master's degree in information systems and 10 years of cyber experience within the Intel field and I was a non select. And this was my 3rd try and had all good interviews and leadership... So I think a cissp is priority period no exceptions, if someone had a security+ and got I'm let me know who ? Also I have no military experience besides law enforcement ..... I need answers
I'm not sure you will ever get the answer you want until you get selected, but it sounds like you want some background from me. For 1815, CISSP is not a deal breaker but for 1825 maybe it is. I didn't get selected for 1825. I got selected for 1815, and I don't have a CISSP. These suggestions on what qualifications to get are based on the information they put out year after year and my OIC's suggestions from last year. This year I focused on leadership and Navy qualifications. I am current reserves. I also was able to get a recommendation letter from someone very high in the field. I'd suggest finding a O4/O5 to mentor you, and maybe they can pull some strings and get you an interview with an O7 or above. They are really looking for a whole person. The certs seemed to be less important for me, and the Navy and leadership experience were more important. However you can see from other people that were selected that academics got it for them. The Navy is looking for a team that can fill in all the gaps. The feed back I got before I found out I made it from this year also focused on making sure that your recommendations really recommend you. Ask them frankly if they think they can write a great letter for you. Some ORs let you see the interviews and some don't. If they won't let you see them than I'd at least ask if they can give you pointers on how to improve the interviews next time. Those interviews are critical. I also had community service. I did tutoring, coaching, funeral honors, and a few other things. Good luck with the package for next year.

Mark I

just trying to see how these selected statistics played out.

Thank you! I was rather certain my educational background would be a detriment, actually. Like I said, I was very surprised I was picked up.

Re. race/gender statistics -- I think knowing these kinds of things is really important and they don't get talked about much on the forum from what I've seen. Have you seen this breakdown? I found it while lurking a while back. It has good statistics on race, ethnicity, gender, age, educational background, etc. from past boards.

In terms of leadership, that was the one area of my kit that my OR kept saying might disqualify me since I did not have the kinds of quantifiable leadership experiences that others in the business or military world have. But I made the case in my interviews and in my letter of motivation that as a teacher I'm a leader in the classroom and in my department. I'm also an advisor in an undergraduate residence.