• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

inpassing

What are your stats (if you dont mind sharing)?

42 (age waivered)
BA
Former diplomat and special agent
Multiple overseas postings
Embassy Attache
Counter Intelligence work
Foreign language training
10/10/10 on interviews, and 100% OIC recommendation
Security clearance in JPAS

Going against me is my age and lack of advanced degree.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
Yea, age does seem to be a factor, however, you would be able to do 20 years of service before meeting mandatory retirement age so I don't see that as being a big issue.
What's your degrees in?
Honestly, you're definitely competitive for Intel. I'm curious to know which unit you interviewed with.

inpassing

Yea, age does seem to be a factor, however, you would be able to do 20 years of service before meeting mandatory retirement age so I don't see that as being a big issue.
What's your degrees in?
Honestly, you're definitely competitive for Intel. I'm curious to know which unit you interviewed with.
I'd actually only be able to do 19 years of service so no retirement which isn't really a factor for me since I'll pull a federal retirement anyways. My degree is in humanities. Not trying to be all secret squirrel but I'd prefer not to say the unit I interviewed with. None the less the Captain of that unit gave me a very strong recommendation so hopefully it carries some weight, he also wrote that I'd be a needed addition to his unit based on my experience so I'm hoping that carries some weight with the board.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I'd actually only be able to do 19 years of service so no retirement which isn't really a factor for me since I'll pull a federal retirement anyways.

If you get picked up, sounds like the 'blended' retirement option is right for you. At least that way you get the benefit of compound interest and the ability to take it with you.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
I'd actually only be able to do 19 years of service so no retirement which isn't really a factor for me since I'll pull a federal retirement anyways. My degree is in humanities. Not trying to be all secret squirrel but I'd prefer not to say the unit I interviewed with. None the less the Captain of that unit gave me a very strong recommendation so hopefully it carries some weight, he also wrote that I'd be a needed addition to his unit based on my experience so I'm hoping that carries some weight with the board.
Understandable,
The board looks at many different factors but if there is a specific resource need at that unit which you can fill, that gets taken into consideration as well and can often times be the detail that gets you a pro-rec.

bryanteagle6

I'm still amazed some ppl are told there scores and some are not.
I asked everyone to share their region/location but no one did.... so we all want to be secret squirrel I guess! ha. I thought it would be nice to know that there are ppl from all over. I'm from NRD Ohio.

inpassing

I'm still amazed some ppl are told there scores and some are not.
I asked everyone to share their region/location but no one did.... so we all want to be secret squirrel I guess! ha. I thought it would be nice to know that there are ppl from all over. I'm from NRD Ohio.

Did you ask your OR for your scores, and to see the Officer appraisal sheets?

bryanteagle6

Did you ask your OR for your scores, and to see the Officer appraisal sheets?

yes - he said he is not allowed to share the results in detail of the officer remarks, scores, or OIC recommendation. After the board he claimed he could give me information on the areas I could improve based off of the interviews, if I was not selected. I have worked with my navy professionals for this process and they all have said the same. I dont really "need" to know, I just want to know that I am competitive!

inpassing

I know the feeling about wanting to know if you're competitive. I mean I think all of us have some strengths and weaknesses in our applications and we just have to see how they pan out. I know for me my age plus the fact I'm not prior service may hurt my chances. It's going to be a very long two weeks to wait for those results (if we even get them by then).

I think 1835 candidates like me probably worry more since as opposed to IP, or IW, we don't have standard certifications to rely on to know how we stack up