• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

TahoeDiver

Are you anywhere near the Mid-Atlantic? I avoided MEPS and was able to go to Bethesda and see the Navy docs there. That had its own challenges, but was pretty straight forward.

I'm not, but I am close to Fallen and I know there is a Health Clinic there with at least some Navy doctors. That might be worth a shot. How did you get that process started? Did you do it on your own or was your OR helping? thanks!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I'm not, but I am close to Fallen and I know there is a Health Clinic there with at least some Navy doctors. That might be worth a shot. How did you get that process started? Did you do it on your own or was your OR helping? thanks!

My OR recommended it based on responses to my medical questionnaire. It took about 4 visits to get through all the tests, but it was pretty straight forward (vision, hearing, dental, complete physical and blood/urine test). I'd say make the suggestion.

usmctonavy

I would call the recruiters office and find out if they are in, then show up for a face to face. When I had transferred from one NRD to another that's what I had to do. I sat in their office until all my documents were transferred to my new OR.

So I have been a bug-finally got in touch with a LCDR and she checked on my application. The NC1 I was passed to and processor told her I was good to go. Though, considering all the nonsense that has happened, I am cautiously optimistic. Anyways-what else can I do at this point? They have had my package now since June-if they drop the ball I know who to contact.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
So I have been a bug-finally got in touch with a LCDR and she checked on my application. The NC1 I was passed to and processor told her I was good to go. Though, considering all the nonsense that has happened, I am cautiously optimistic. Anyways-what else can I do at this point? They have had my package now since June-if they drop the ball I know who to contact.
Best of luck. 1815 is a tough designator for DIRCOM. The Board typically selects 6-12 applicants for 1815 per FY. If you don't get selected, try again next time. You wouldn't be the first person whose package got sidetracked/missed because of a paperwork SNAFU (i.e. happened to me before as well). It's just a symptom of the excess supply, finite demand, and finite recruiting capacity for DIRCOM hopefuls.

ABMD

The OR should tell you when your package has to be at board, usually 30 days before the actual board meets. I would ask for status updates once your package leaves the Processor/OR office. I believe it is checked once more before it is designated "PROBOARD" meaning it passed all the checks and is approved to go to the board. I would hound them until they tell you it is PROBOARD. Then you pray you're selected:cool:

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Had my interviews today and everything went well. One last bit of paperwork and my kit should be ready to go.

TahoeDiver

The OR should tell you when your package has to be at board, usually 30 days before the actual board meets. I would ask for status updates once your package leaves the Processor/OR office. I believe it is checked once more before it is designated "PROBOARD" meaning it passed all the checks and is approved to go to the board. I would hound them until they tell you it is PROBOARD. Then you pray you're selected:cool:

Do any of the ORs on this board have the actual check list of items that is used to determine when a package is considered PROBOARD? I've been unable to reach my OR for quite some time and would like to go down that checklist myself to at least make sure whatever is on it I have provided. I've gotten so many 'oh, yea - I need one more thing..' from my OR and processor that I'm very nervous they are going to spring something on me last minute that might be hard to track down with limited time. It's down the wire now and I'd hate to miss this board considering how much time/effort has gone into it and they are only once per year now. thanks!

usmctonavy

Well perhaps things are moving forward-signed my final pages as requested. Don't know why they have cut this so close to deadline. When I tried for AD things were done months in advance. As long as the package gets to board I am good.

ABMD

Do any of the ORs on this board have the actual check list of items that is used to determine when a package is considered PROBOARD? I've been unable to reach my OR for quite some time and would like to go down that checklist myself to at least make sure whatever is on it I have provided. I've gotten so many 'oh, yea - I need one more thing..' from my OR and processor that I'm very nervous they are going to spring something on me last minute that might be hard to track down with limited time. It's down the wire now and I'd hate to miss this board considering how much time/effort has gone into it and they are only once per year now. thanks!

I would try DMing one of the current/retired ORs that are on the forums. My OR gave me a checklist early on listing everything required for the package before it could be submitted to the board. That was for Supply, not sure if it is different for IDC.

CBtoIW

This is my first time applying (1835/1825/1815). From my understanding of this thread, there are certain introductory protocols that need to happen:

Military Experience
Currently a drilling enlisted Navy reservist E-6, 12 years(two deployments to Afghanistan, warfare pin, C-School, small arms and crewserv quals, EKMS, CBR to name a few)
Last deployment was with JSOC, specifically with Army and three letter agencies.
Have a current TS security clearance.
Past 3 evals have been "EP" with pertinent command leadership positions and collateral duties.
Past three PRT scores have been excellent low.
Most importantly I understand the Navy Res. Tempo and what it takes to be successful and how to add value to the organization. Heads up to all, this isn't just a one weekend a month and two week a year job.

Civilian Experience
I am a cyber security analyst and work in Forensics at Boeing, 3 years. I am a technical team lead and am responsible for a team of 5 to fully integrate new tools a security processes throughout the enterprise. Previously worked in SOC for 4 years, tier 2 analyst.
I possess security+ and GCIH Certs and working on CISSP.
Prior to working at Boeing I was an operations manager at a large retailer. I was responsible for day-to-day operations and had 45 direct reports. Had to hire, counsel and terminate employees. Store did 35 - 45 million in annual sales.

Education
MS Cyber Security & IA (3.90 GPA)
BS Information Management (3.00 GPA)
Working on MBA
Certified TACLANE operator
Hands on experience with vast magirity of security tools and applications, VM's, Networking, Unix/Linux, DR, NIPR, SIPR and JWICs, communicating with executives and senior leaders.

My Kit
I completed and submitted DEC 01
I had to go back to MEPS and get approval from the DOCS.
Had to get commanding officer endorsement.
Completed three interviews from 1 Intel and 2 IP officers. (10/9/10)
Submitted two civilian references (my current manager and CISO)
Submitted ASOSH and DD-214's
APSR, Motivational statement, resume and VA letters, SF-86 and all educational transcripts.

I understand this is one of if not the most competitive commissioning boards. Being selected on the first try is almost unheard of. I believe my kit is solid. If I am not selected this round I will keep pushing forward and try again next year. Good luck to all candidates and hope to see you in the fleet soon!

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
This is my first time applying (1835/1825/1815). From my understanding of this thread, there are certain introductory protocols that need to happen:

Military Experience
Currently a drilling enlisted Navy reservist E-6, 12 years(two deployments to Afghanistan, warfare pin, C-School, small arms and crewserv quals, EKMS, CBR to name a few)
Last deployment was with JSOC, specifically with Army and three letter agencies.
Have a current TS security clearance.
Past 3 evals have been "EP" with pertinent command leadership positions and collateral duties.
Past three PRT scores have been excellent low.
Most importantly I understand the Navy Res. Tempo and what it takes to be successful and how to add value to the organization. Heads up to all, this isn't just a one weekend a month and two week a year job.

Civilian Experience
I am a cyber security analyst and work in Forensics at Boeing, 3 years. I am a technical team lead and am responsible for a team of 5 to fully integrate new tools a security processes throughout the enterprise. Previously worked in SOC for 4 years, tier 2 analyst.
I possess security+ and GCIH Certs and working on CISSP.
Prior to working at Boeing I was an operations manager at a large retailer. I was responsible for day-to-day operations and had 45 direct reports. Had to hire, counsel and terminate employees. Store did 35 - 45 million in annual sales.

Education
MS Cyber Security & IA (3.90 GPA)
BS Information Management (3.00 GPA)
Working on MBA
Certified TACLANE operator
Hands on experience with vast magirity of security tools and applications, VM's, Networking, Unix/Linux, DR, NIPR, SIPR and JWICs, communicating with executives and senior leaders.

My Kit
I completed and submitted DEC 01
I had to go back to MEPS and get approval from the DOCS.
Had to get commanding officer endorsement.
Completed three interviews from 1 Intel and 2 IP officers. (10/9/10)
Submitted two civilian references (my current manager and CISO)
Submitted ASOSH and DD-214's
APSR, Motivational statement, resume and VA letters, SF-86 and all educational transcripts.

I understand this is one of if not the most competitive commissioning boards. Being selected on the first try is almost unheard of. I believe my kit is solid. If I am not selected this round I will keep pushing forward and try again next year. Good luck to all candidates and hope to see you in the fleet soon!
Awesome and good luck.

bryanteagle6

Does anyone know the selection numbers for last year's board jan2016... and/or any idea of the billets available for this board?