• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

Intel_DCO

Last year, Pro Rec Y applicants heard back on 28 Jan, which was the Thursday after the Board concluded.
I was under the, perhaps mistaken, impression that the IWC DCO board (meeting Jan. 16?) may take at least a month to make decisions so that candidates would not hear before the end of February or later. Is that not correct?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The IWC DIRCOM Board only takes one week to convene. They meet the 3rd week of January. Results are pushed out electronically late, late Friday afternoon, Millington time. Ostensibly, NRC has the results as early as Monday and will push out the results to recruiters over the next couple days. Some of the ENS on this forum who were selected in January 2016 heard back the week after the Board concluded.

@NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181 can correct me if I'm mistaken.

@fieldrat 's timeline was this:

Selection Board (19 JAN 16, notified 28 JAN 16 - Selected for IW)
Pro-Rec Y (notified 28 JAN 16 - Selected for IW)
Ready Reserve Agreement (9 MAR 16)
FINSEL (23 MAR 16)
COMDOCS (24 MAR 16)
Swear-In (4 APR 16)
YMMV, of course.

Last edited:

bryanteagle6

So many abbrv. ha.
Every board I have watched or Sat has heard back around wednesday after the board, just like hair warriors said. quite often, the west coast finds out first. If millington puts out the list on friday at 1600 or so, they still have 3 hours of a work day to start "the chain". the advise I have always followed from many on this board is to give it at least a week after the board, so the suspense doesn't work you over to bad!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
As others have said about OCS/DIRCOM results, as the results are rolling out, if you're an applicant waiting to hear back, no news is bad news.

unbroken

Naval officer
The IWC DIRCOM Board only takes one week to convene. They meet the 3rd week of January. Results are pushed out electronically late, late Friday afternoon, Millington time. Ostensibly, NRC has the results as early as Monday and will push out the results to recruiters over the next couple days. Some of the ENS on this forum who were selected in January 2016 heard back the week after the Board concluded.

@NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181 can correct me if I'm mistaken.

@fieldrat 's timeline was this:

Selection Board (19 JAN 16, notified 28 JAN 16 - Selected for IW)
Pro-Rec Y (notified 28 JAN 16 - Selected for IW)
Ready Reserve Agreement (9 MAR 16)
FINSEL (23 MAR 16)
COMDOCS (24 MAR 16)
Swear-In (4 APR 16)
YMMV, of course.

As a heads-up, that's one of the more ambitious timelines I've seen. Most I know of who were selected in Jan did not commission until late spring or even fall (they will push some back to FY18 for arbitrary reasons)

bryanteagle6

Yes but trump wants to expand the navy "drastically". it is even on facebook trending.... so it has to be true! ha.

I don't care if they bump me to FY 20, I just want the reassurance that I'm in the pipeline somewhere so I can get to it!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
@fieldrat 's timeline was this...
Wow, I'm being used as a metric?:cool:

I don't really know how/why my paperwork went at a certain speed. At the time, I didn't even know that I wasn't supposed to 'check-in' with the recruiter every week or so.

it is even on facebook trending.... so it has to be true!
Normally, not a fan of fB (no account for 10+ years). However, if Herr Trump(f) can spin up requirements to the point where more qualified folks get picked up, bring it on...as long as it's appropriately funded.

no news is bad news.
While we're on the topic, I strongly believe that recruiters should be required to at least make email contact with applicants to apprise them of their (Non-)Selection status. For the amount of time invested, it's just the decent thing to do. I'm in no way saying that all recruiters leave folks hanging, but from the tone of the forum, more than a few have been left playing phone tag, just to confirm a negative.

MTRIO

One thing I will say about this process, not knowing the status of your package to me is a good thing, it definitely test your patience. But I must admit, its a hard pill to swallow, not knowing where you stand. When you apply to a gig on-line, you get electronic notice via email or etc.,