• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

chrisgamez

MR1 and Boobcheese,

Thank you for the info, I will put the package in anyway. I know I can get a letter of recommendation or waiver from the CO. If my CO's Mast wasn't so close to the deadline then I wouldn't waste anyones time. I feel I have a shot and if i dont make it, like you guys said I will at least have the experience of putting in a package.

MR1,

Funny you said Dailies and A-1R's. Its been a while since I have done those. Sometimes I miss the checks.

kekio86

How do you get "verified true copy" on your documents? I went to my PS2 and he gave me "stickies" with "verified to be a true copy" with his tittle and signature. Is this the best way to do it? Or should I go to PSD on base?
Thanks,
GSE2

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
How do you get "verified true copy" on your documents? I went to my PS2 and he gave me "stickies" with "verified to be a true copy" with his tittle and signature. Is this the best way to do it? Or should I go to PSD on base?
Thanks,
GSE2

I went to PSD and had every page stamped with "certified to be a true copy", the PS (person, not piece of sh!t) name typed next to it, and then that person signed it with black ink. They wanted me to leave my application with them so they could work on it but there was no way in hell I would trust them with that much responsibility. I stayed there the entire time and had an eye on my application every step of the way. Not sure if that's what you were asking, or it that's the exact way they want it but it worked for me. Hope it helps.

Stazz

Thanks,
GSE2

They should have a stamp.

AT2Hubin

Hey guys, I just got my results of my ASTB back, I feel I did pretty good. 8/7/7 68, Now I think I can do a little better, but is it even worth taking the risk or should that be plenty competitive enough? I'm still waiting on my ACT and SAT results though =/

Stazz

Hey guys, I just got my results of my ASTB back, I feel I did pretty good. 8/7/7 68, Now I think I can do a little better, but is it even worth taking the risk or should that be plenty competitive enough? I'm still waiting on my ACT and SAT results though =/

Do NOT retake the test. Those are outstanding scores. They only take the most recent scores, not the best, and you can only take the Navy ASTB test two more times. I scored 6/6/5 55 and don't plan on retaking it until after the results are out. In my case my ESO was like "oh by the way, you need to take the ASTB. Today is the only time before cruise they can do it." So my study time was the one hour trip to the testing site

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot

I agree with Stazz, those are great scores. The max in each category is 9 so you should be happy you got such high scores. This test is more of a check in the box once the minimum scores are earned. I had a 5/6/6 50 which is damn near the minimum and I was picked up my first time applying. Don't waste time and effort retaking the ASTB and focus on improving any weak areas on your application.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
For civilian written letters of recommendation, should we stamp those certified to be a true copy or does it matter?

My command made me get every addition (other than the actual application) stamped and signed. Not sure if that's doing too much but I would rather do that than not enough. Better safe than sorry.

Stazz

Do I have to submit official college transcripts? Or can I submit the unofficial "for counseling purposes only" copy?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Do I have to submit official college transcripts? Or can I submit the unofficial "for counseling purposes only" copy?

I got official transcripts from all of my schools and made color copies (from a good quality machine) of the front and back and had those stamped and signed to be "official". If I remember correctly I think the instruction calls for official. It kind of goes back to what I said earlier about is it worth having your application passed over by the board for not following the rules. Especially over something as simple as acquiring an official transcript? I would suggest playing it safe. Attention to details!!!

IS2 Dead On

Personal Statement Help

Hi, I'm a 1st time applicant to the STA-21 program, and I wanted to know if anybody previously selected could critique my personal statement rough draft, and give me some advice?

IS2 Dead On

Personal Statement Help

Hello everyone,
This is my 1st time submitting a package, and I wanted to know if there were any previous selectee's that could critique my personal statement, as well as give me a little advice.

dsb619

Has anyone seen the message come out for FY11 apllications? I look and the one last year came out around this time. i am waiting to submit my package until it came out but i dont want to wait to much longer. Any help would be appreciated...

stats
AT1(AW) 26 years old 7 years service
Master Training Specilist
SAT 1230 (650 Reading / 580 Math)
Evals: Ranked Mp(1st e6 eval), EP, EP, EP, MP
Prims: Excellent High, Excellent high, Outstanding Low
College; AA in General Studies, 12 credits into my BS GPA 3.95
1st time applying for CEC and HR