• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

timmyhoffa

FY-12 SWO/ED Selectee
What option are you doing? Were you a Chief last year when you put in?

SWO/ED again. I made Chief last year, but I called Mike and he said that the board was aware of it and my online application had been updated. My brother was picked up last year and had several Chiefs in his NSI class, so I don't think its a detractor.

Drock88

Maybe..... FY2010 budget was signed into law on October 28, 2009; could be a reason for the delay?

We might have to wait for FY2011 budget to get signed

Navnuke

The budget has nothing to do with it. The money for this year's selection was already decided on last year's budget, hence how they get quotas. The FY09 Defense Bill was signed 10/14 and the results were announced on 10/10.

infogeek

Im not a chief, but I have been in for a little over 10 years and this is also a one-shot deal for me. I set myself a goal of becoming commissioned by a certain time and re-applying next year will just knock that all out of whack. Not to mention the age factor. If this doesn't work, OCS/LDO for me!

vmiaptetr

I am applying this year, and if I do not get selected, I'll apply next year. If that fails, the Navy and I shall part ways. I'm not complaining, the Navy has been and will continue to be good to me, but my caree desires are headed towards a different direction. I really want to be a doctor. This program would give me the chance to achieve that goal and still serve in the Navy. I really hope they want me as a doctor. I just have a strong desire to work in that field. Only time will tell.

Jonusn

The beatings will continue until morale improves
The FY11 budget does have to do with it. It's what is going to pay for everything this year. So yes, results will come out pending the budget. That's what happened to my class last year.