• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

funny things you've heard on the radio

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was no gun on the T-2 either (at least when I flew it....supposedly they had them way back in the day). The gun pattern was less about shooting and more about maneuvering and developing dynamic three dimensional SA.
No internal gun in the T-2. We used an external 50 cal. gun pod with 100 rounds attached to one of the T-2 wing hardpoints. Of course in Advanced the F-9 Cougar had its own internal gun.

The gun pattern was always wild, extremely demanding, and often dangerous.

jtdees

Puddle Jumper
pilot
VT-27/28 Det at KLRU, Feb '12-ish. Pattern is full, contact flight is holding at initial point east, contact solo is coming back from areas and hasn't switched from 99 to ctaf yet. Holding a/c IP relays the inbound call:

"Las Cruces Traffic, Bearcat 7XX holding initial point east, I got a solo right behind me, I'm gonna go ahead and let him come inside me."