• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

funny things you've heard on the radio

KBayDog

I appreciate the effort, but the copyright was from 2008.

COPYRIGHT VIOLATOR!!!!!!!

My bad.

15810v2-max-250x250.png

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Might be a repeat, but so what? Just sue me!

Blue Angels are returning to P’cola in their awesome Fox-Fours… VFR when that is what was normal.

Lead calls the Tower, asking what the Duty Runway was.

A new and at that time unheard of, female controller replied, “ Duty runway one-nine.”

Blue Angel lead, thinking he keyed the ICS button, but XMTed on UHF said, “Runway 19? Shit! My dick is longer than RW-19!”

The new female controller came back immediately saying, “Runway One-Nine is seven thousand, one hundred and thirty-seven feet long………….. And I am available tonight!”

MasterBates

Jax OPAREA 2004 or so.

Couple JOPA out doing a gun shoot bitching about a well hated OIC on "JOPA TAC" with other JOs in the pattern.
Said OIC is doing ground turns in another bird, where the radios were left in 00 on the CSCG (man Freq) and some JO never took JOPATAC out.

He listens to it for a minute. Then goes "BEADWINDOW MOTHEFUCKERS!"

He was selected UHF-2, and 00 was in UHF-1. UHF-2 was tower, not base, why I don't know. (I was the gun monkey for the track and balance with said hated OIC)

So then a CO from Brand X in the pattern wants to know who beadwindow motherfuckered who. And then he gets told "Roger, Out, Motherfucker".

OIC was pissed, but he was so amused by the other squadron CO getting in a huff about it, that he told a much funnier version of it at a hail and bail.

MasterBates

COMPTUEX for JFK Strike Group 2004.. Flying off the Vicksburg in PW431 with the OIC.

ASTAC (the OS "controlling" the B) asks.. "Are you dippin'"..
OIC- Nope.
ten minutes lated
ASTAC- "431 are you dippin" (note: 60Bs do not have a dipping sonar... H3/60F/60R.. ASTAC should know this)
OIC- Nope
ASTAC- "431 how are you not dipping, we hold you using active sonar"
OIC- "Yeah, I got a big wad of skoal in, so yeah, I'm dippin you dipshit"

(this was on HAWKLINK voice, so limited audience. but technically a radio)

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Anyone who flew the old Butterfly gunnery pattern in training knows if your course was slightly convergent as you ran by the banner/tractor that the tractor would end up flying through your jetwash, known as "thumping the tractor." Over heard one day when the XO of VT-23 was pulling the banner:
Tractor: 3, you thump the tractor again and you're going home.
-3: WTF (not abbreviated) is that ---hole talkin' about. I didn't thump him!
Loooooooong silent pause
Tractor: 3, just go home.

How many dudes around here had the pleasure of partaking in "gunners to the rails..."?

Buckeye Guns - "Roll. Stop. Pull. Stop. Pitch and G. Pitch and G. Two's blind...."

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
How many dudes around here had the pleasure of partaking in "gunners to the rails..."?

Buckeye Guns - "Roll. Stop. Pull. Stop. Pitch and G. Pitch and G. Two's blind...."

We didn't have to do that in VT-23, but we enjoyed watching the guys in VT-19 have to do it. Über stupid, I thought.

I also remember that it was 16 degrees nose up, 70 degrees AOB, and a 3G pull coming past the tractor to set up for a good reversal.

Do they even do the gun pattern anymore?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Nope, no more gun pattern. T-45 has only a sim gun.

There was no gun on the T-2 either (at least when I flew it....supposedly they had them way back in the day). The gun pattern was less about shooting and more about maneuvering and developing dynamic three dimensional SA.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

We did it at Tyndall a few months back with a Lear tow in the off time between missile shoots. By we, I mean a bunch of other guys since I was on duty that day :( Sounded like a bit of a goat rope, as there was only one person in the flight (the skipper) who had ever done the old guns pattern before. IIRC they used a different pattern than the squirrel cage that was apparently done in T-2s.......I guess nobody wanted to die in a midair that day. This was also a live shoot with bullets, so that may have factored in I guess. Word was that the amount of lead you had to pull on the banner made for an awkward sight picture, as it pretty much put the gun cross over the Lear tow.....I know it spooked a couple of guys, especially coupled with the mega closure generated by the tow being at only 250 kts in a turn.

But I will second c420 that it isn't done anymore in the VTs or the RAG

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
He listens to it for a minute. Then goes "BEADWINDOW MOTHEFUCKERS!"

I believe the most correct phrase in this scenario would be either gingerbread or gingerbread, motherfuckers!

(Said in a nasal tone while adjusting glasses :D)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was freshly gone when I did the TS syllabus in '05-06 timeframe. I think it went away with the Intermediate/Advanced to TS switch and retiring the T-2s.