• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun with engineers

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
How can you tell an extroverted engineer?

He stares at your shoes.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I'm probably wrong but wouldn't it just be 535.49? Since the last term would go to 0 as it approaches infinity. I'm not a math-wiz so I'm interested to see the outcome!

HD

actually it should be 536.49 since that limit approaches 1 as n approaches infinity.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
your both off...:) but joboy is closer

***Spoiler***
e^(i*pi) is -1, the infinite sum of 1/2^n converges to 1, so those two cancel out, leaving 0.002 as your answer. So it's 1/5 of a penny.

***Spoiler***

joboy_2.0

Contributor
was this check a response to the fact that verizon can't do simple math?:D

New answer....2.002?

joboy_2.0

Contributor
hence my being an idiot. I think the same mistake me and HD both made was that the i looked like a 2. Once I actually looked closely at the pic and realized it was an i, I was almost tempted to go change my post, but I'll leave my mediocrity for posterity. Hilarious by the way! What do I get for winning? What do I get for winning?!?:D (I didn't even cheat either):)

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
e^{i*x} = Cos(x) + i*Sin(x)

sum(x^n) converges to 1/(1 - x) for x < 1

That should be all you need.

My arithmetic lets me down sometimes, but I get 1.002.

Except I forgot to check the sum indices, so it could just be 0.002

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
This might help you guys get a life....

understanding_girls_for_geeks.png

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
actually the best system for seduction is mystery method. Ya, getting a girl to pay for dinner and then sleeping with them.....SWEET!:D

Mystery method? Come again? I don't want there to be any "mystery" as to what I'm getting into.