• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun with engineers

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Ok, really, you think. Perhaps you should look it up online to see if it really was or not, not going to change 2 years after the fact...

excuse me. "Should have been". I read a document pre-2004, so obviously that is my only frame of reference. I know a lot of these programs have been delayed. I don't know the current space-qualification status of it, but I know it is going through testing still. What are you the RTG nazi?:icon_tong

Lawman

None
Man I used to hang out with a couple Aerospace Science Majors my first year of College. They were a bit odd but at the same time when you got them drunk it was funny as hell to watch them drunkenly argue of the best way to achieve intersteller travel above the speed of light.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man I used to hang out with a couple Aerospace Science Majors my first year of College. They were a bit odd but at the same time when you got them drunk it was funny as hell to watch them drunkenly argue of the best way to achieve intersteller travel above the speed of light.

Well at least there werent any girls to distract you from that discussion.....NERD!

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
"You know, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head."

"That would have worked, if you hadn't stopped me."

Lawman

None
"You know, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head."

"That would have worked, if you hadn't stopped me."

Are you troubled by strange noises in the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or your family actually seen a spook, specter or ghost? If the answer is yes, then don't wait another minute. Just pick up the phone and call the professionals.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
This Mr. Stay Puff's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

"Everything was fine till dickless over here turned off the power grid."
"Is this true?"
"Yes it's true. This man has no dick."

fudog50

skidkid,,,

Not being sexist or even trying, just telling it like it is....

Reactor Dept has the best looking gals on the ship! (CVN-XX)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The following is an actual question given on a Washington University chemistry mid-term.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks lose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
The following is an actual question given on a Washington University chemistry mid-term.

The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks lose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

pure genius.:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Engineers and Aviation are something akin to wives and marriage:

You can't live (fly?) with 'em ... and you can't live (fly?) without 'em. :)

East

东部
Contributor
Engineers and Aviation are something akin to wives and marriage:

You can't live (fly?) with 'em ... and you can't live (fly?) without 'em. :)

Same here concerning flyboys & girls, just the other way around though.......we can live with them as well as without :icon_wink