• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FULL DISCLOSURE - Does HSV 2 (Genital Herpes) Disqualify from Marine Flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo16

pilot
Read for content Brett.

jarhead asked to be told to fuck off, I obliged him.

If the level of "douche baggery towards civilians" is to much for him to take (which consisted of a guy posting a picture of a bee on his head, among other "lighten up and take a joke" suggestions) is to much, then he probably needs to grow some thicker skin himself...or just fuck off, as he suggested.

The_Pants

Read for content Brett.

If the level of "douche baggery towards civilians" is to much for him to take (which consisted of a guy posting a picture of a bee on his head, among other "lighten up and take a joke" suggestions) is to much, then he probably needs to grow some thicker skin himself...or just fuck off, as he suggested.
So asking politely that I didn't appreciate sarcastic remarks nor did I understand them b/c I'm relatively new around, gives you the right to belittle someone you don't know and not maintain a level of mutual respect? If you refer to the first page you'd notice that I 1.) apologized for "over-stepping my boundaries" and 2.) repeatedly asked for a serious reponse to a legitimte question after the bombardment of asshole remarks. I don't know about you, but I don't think the majority of people would just come out say "hey, I got the herps, I need some advice" when there's a particular stigmitization that goes along with it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Read for content Brett.

Fair enough, fuck away. ;)

The_Pants

But it seems like this has turned into a pissing contest. Rather than actually contributing intelligent responses that are informative, you seem to have stooped so low as to disrepect another member with wings...

Best advice I've gotten so far, "...if you can't seem to find the asshole in the room - it's probably you"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why doesn't someone put this thread out it's misery already?

Bevo16

pilot
So asking politely that I didn't appreciate sarcastic remarks nor did I understand them b/c I'm relatively new around, gives you the right to belittle someone you don't know and not maintain a level of mutual respect? If you refer to the first page you'd notice that I 1.) apologized for "over-stepping my boundaries" and 2.) repeatedly asked for a serious reponse to a legitimte question after the bombardment of asshole remarks. I don't know about you, but I don't think the majority of people would just come out say "hey, I got the herps, I need some advice" when there's a particular stigmitization that goes along with it.

You quoted the wrong post. This is the one you need to read:

If the level of "douche baggery towards civilians" is to much for him to take (which consisted of a guy posting a picture of a bee on his head, among other "lighten up and take a joke" suggestions) is to much, then he probably needs to grow some thicker skin.....

Nobody was "belittleing" you kid. Hold off on the application until you crack that code. You acknowledged that your..um...condition has a stigma to it. Don't act all shocked and shit when people who aren't your doctor crack a joke or two.

The "asshole remarks" were/are pretty fucking tame by any reasonable standard.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That might be construed as mod censorship.

How many times have mods locked a thread after it ran it's course? Plenty. Would it really be censorship after the OP got his question answered? I would say no. But that is only my opinion.....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How many times have mods locked a thread after it ran it's course? Plenty. Would it really be censorship after the OP got his question answered? I would say no. But that is only my opinion.....
I'm illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I don't know about you, but I don't think the majority of people would just come out say "hey, I got the herps, I need some advice" when there's a particular stigmitization that goes along with it.
You got the response you expected, so why the surprise and melodrama? Surely you've thought of better comebacks by now than whining about being disrespected.

Bevo16

pilot
You got the response you expected, so why the surprise and melodrama? Surely you've thought of better comebacks by now than whining about being disrespected.

So, the dude with herp got all flared up and had a premature emotional discharge?

1340097931_shocker.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.