• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FULL DISCLOSURE - Does HSV 2 (Genital Herpes) Disqualify from Marine Flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pants

Does HSV 2, generally known as genital herpes, disqualify one from Marine flight school? Also, when one goes to Pensacola FL. for their flight physical, do the docs as about STDs and will they disqualify a potential candidate from Flight or do you have to get a waiver? Serious question though.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
tumblr_l7oz98yBjj1qdousbo1_400.jpg

The_Pants

I'm generally new to this site, so sarcasm is not appreciated but rather informative responses. So if you could actually help me out, that would be great. Thanks.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I can't see your profile, so I have no idea who or what you are. Sarcasm is a healthy and useful tool in Naval Aviation.

The_Pants

Ok, we got off to the wrong start. I just didn't know what that picture meant, that's all. I am just looking for an answer bc I can't seem to find one anywhere else.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Ok, we got off to the wrong start. I just didn't know what that picture meant, that's all. I am just looking for an answer bc I can't seem to find one anywhere else.

It not only disqualifies you from the Marines but also means that you have to join the Air Force instead.

The_Pants

I would really appreciate serious answers only. This is a serious question and I would like to know if this condition affects my ability to achieve my dream of being a pilot. Should I just scrap my application and tell my OSO, or are all these sarcastic posts/replies inferring that this condition is not as serious as I'm making it out to be? Will this disqualify me from flight school?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would really appreciate serious answers only. This is a serious question and I would like to know if this condition affects my ability to achieve my dream of being a pilot. Should I just scrap my application and tell my OSO, or are all these sarcastic posts/replies inferring that this condition is not as serious as I'm making it out to be? Will this disqualify me from flight school?

Start here (it's a sticky in the Doc's Corner): http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/nami-medical-waiver-guide.23764/

Status
Not open for further replies.