• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FULL DISCLOSURE - Does HSV 2 (Genital Herpes) Disqualify from Marine Flight school

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pants

Not on meds; odd to say the least.
Not necessarily. If you immune system is not compromised and you're staying healthy and fit, with a combination of immune supplements, you may never have an outbreak. That is why many ppl have HSV and do not even know it b/c they are asymptomatic or have a very minor breakout that was mistaken for a pimple or ingrown hair. Statistically speaking, 1 out of 6 ppl have it or between 50-80% of ppl have it and do not know

BigRed389

None
Not necessarily. If you immune system is not compromised and you're staying healthy and fit, with a combination of immune supplements, you may never have an outbreak. That is why many ppl have HSV and do not even know it b/c they are asymptomatic or have a very minor breakout that was mistaken for a pimple or ingrown hair. Statistically speaking, 1 out of 6 ppl have it or between 50-80% of ppl have it and do not know

This thread just got terrifying.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

No suppresive therapy or anitviral meds? Good for you.

Careful about the supplements, if you use them. Unless approved by a FS, it could cause problems.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

Huh, according to the CDC only 16.2% of the population between 14 & 49 have it . . .http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes.htm

robav8r

None
Contributor
Him: "Sweetheart, I had a great time with you tonight"
Her: "Me too, you want to come in for a night cap?"
Him: "Sure, but let me share with you my healthy lifestyle and the immune supplements I'm taking . . . "

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not necessarily. If you immune system is not compromised and you're staying healthy and fit, with a combination of immune supplements, you may never have an outbreak. That is why many ppl have HSV and do not even know it b/c they are asymptomatic or have a very minor breakout that was mistaken for a pimple or ingrown hair.
OMG. he came here for advice, questions our professionalism and lack of respect, then ends up lecturing our resident Flight Surgeon on a medical condition? I'm in shock!:confused:
Statistically speaking, 1 out of 6 ppl have it or between 50-80% of ppl have it and do not know
I don't buy your statistics! If 50-80% ppl do not know??? Does that mean the MDs are diagnosing the condition, reporting it to statisticians, but not informing their patient? Also, the 1 out of 6 ppl... and the 5o-80% ppl data points do not compute. Nice try!:rolleyes:
BzB

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
OMG. he came here for advice, questions our professionalism and lack of respect, then ends up lecturing our resident Flight Surgeon on a medical condition? I'm in shock!:confused:

I don't buy your statistics! If 50-80% ppl do not know??? Does that mean the MDs are diagnosing the condition, reporting it to statisticians, but not informing their patient? Also, the 1 out of 6 ppl... and the 5o-80% ppl data points do not compute. Nice try!:rolleyes:
BzB

Huh, according to the CDC only 16.2% of the population between 14 & 49 have it . . .http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes.htm

That's actually right around the 1/6 if you do the math. A good portion people who have it may not know unless they have an outbreak because its not something that is normally tested for, unless there is a reason for it which may be why half the folks who have it don't know, just like Chlamydia is pretty prevelant amongst those sexually active (I believe it was upto 1 in 4 for some groups with upto half of them not showing symptoms)

Kinda looks like he was lashing out against the epic shitting on by the gang after he asked the question and asked you guys to give a legitimate answer. And then he explained why he wasn't on meds... how is he supposed to know who the resident expert flight doc is when everyone else is dogpiling on for sport. Huggy is right- we're really turning into a bunch of douches around here.

As you know the saying goes, if you've been around for a while and look around the room and can't find the asshole of the group- its probably you. Some of us should probably start looking around- maybe we wouldn't have driven so many people away lately.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
haha if you read ahead you would know that that same percentage is equivalent to one out of every 6 persons... "Nationwide, 16.2%, or about one out of six, people aged 14 to 49 years have genital HSV-2 infection."

Yeah, I got the 1 in 6, when I read yours it sounded like you were trying to say 50-80% have it.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Kinda looks like he was lashing out against the epic shitting on by the gang after he asked the question and asked you guys to give a legitimate answer. And then he explained why he wasn't on meds... how is he supposed to know who the resident expert flight doc is when everyone else is dogpiling on for sport. Huggy is right- we're really turning into a bunch of douches around here.
Zippy - this is "Air Warriors" not webMD. Also, it takes about 20 seconds to scour the site and discover the Doc's Corner section. Maybe a better approach would have been to ask the general audience: "Hey, iv'e got a personal, medically related question and how it might affect my eligibility for a flight contract - where should I go?" Yes, all of us can be a bit "rough" here on the interwebs, but that shouldn't be an excuse to the OP for his intellectual laziness. Humor, sarcasm and yes, having the depth of your skin analyzed, are all good teaching tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.