• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

French getting another round of "inshallah"

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
This is mostly the thrust of my argument that we as a country should be concerned about the immigration that is probably going to take place in the next couple decades. To support the US economic system, the entitlements, the promises, and most importantly continued growth of our GDP, mass immigration to account for baby boomers is one of the only realistic scenarios that will address the inverse population pyramid that the US is quickly becoming.

There are quite a few studies out there about our country's aging populace, and I am sure we have all read about it one time or another. Here is one from the US Census if anyone isn't particularly familiar (An Aging Nation: The Older Population in the United States) https://www.census.gov/prod/2014pubs/p25-1140.pdf.

But to reiterate, my main concern is that this is the tip of the iceberg in continued immigration that our society will have difficulty assimilating to the American way of life. I personally don't care about anyone's religious or political leanings, I just hope they identify as an "American" first and foremost, and will be prepared to support our country and way of life. Unfortunately, unlike many other cultures that have successfully immigrated and assimilated, I wonder if these may identify more with their religion and cultural ties than our way of life and constitution. Especially when many view the Koran and their religious laws as superior to the host nation.

This is probably the same reason driving Merkel's decision in Germany - demographics, benefits and a tax base - although the sheer numbers caught her by surprise.

The one thing that no one seems to bring up, although the Hungarian President Orban stated it bluntly, is that immigrants tend to align massively to the left politically. Thus if you are on the right and admit a large number of left-leaning immigrants, then you are laying out the long term demographics of being outvoted by those you allowed into your country. You see this reaction by the Swedish Democrats, UKIP, the National Front in France and Pegida in Germany as well as the Tea Party in the US as they feel like a "stranger in their own country". I know, another hyperlink, but here is a public opinion poll that is relevant. http://spotlight.ipsos-na.com/index...o-nativism-putting-trump-into-proper-context/

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I am concerned though that too many of the youth and men desire to bring more of their traditions, sharia law, and treating women within their society as second class citizens.

What ever would make you feel that way!? *

* Very graphic video
** Yes, it's Kabul not Homms or Allepo
*** Also, not from Fox News or Breitbart, but NYT.

This happened two miles from a/the presidential palace, in the middle of the day, with hundreds looking on - including the police.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
http://q13fox.com/2016/03/13/machete-swinging-attacker-shot-and-killed-by-customer-at-7-11/

I have no idea what this guy's religious beliefs were, and I know he had a hatchet instead of a gun, but I think I recall some discussion about whether armed civilians could do any good in this kind of situation.

"“Fortunately, because of this customer with his weapon, this could have been a lot worse,” said King County Sheriff’s Sergeant Cindi West."

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"“Fortunately, because of this customer with his weapon, this could have been a lot worse,” said King County Sheriff’s Sergeant Cindi West."
In metro Seattle, no less. Some hippie needs to go out and check the batteries on the reality distortion field generator.* Also, call me pedantic, but how does a machete-wielding attacker "turn his sights" on anything? :p

* I love the PacNW dearly, but still wish that a fraction of Seattleites would go jump in Puget Sound.

exNavyOffRec

She will probably be reprimanded for saying something positive regarding a person who was carrying a concealed pistol legally, or at the very least blasted in the liberal Seattle media.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Not in France, but same concept: New Zealand has decided society’s solution after a radical Islamist stabbing is to remove knives from stores, rather than remove radical Islamists from New Zealand. The terrorist was recently released from jail and was being tracked as a known violent jihadist. Doe Westerners not understand that it’s not the tool, it’s the terrorist? Hint: there’s lots of implements that can be a deadly weapon; you can’t ban all the things.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I suspect that it’s equally difficult to remove all the terrorists, since doing so presumes that you know who they all are.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I suspect that it’s equally difficult to remove all the terrorists, since doing so presumes that you know who they all are.
Yes, difficult, but not impossible. This man was jailed for his support to IS and was a native of Sri Lanka living in NZ on a student visa status. He can be extradicted/deported and his visa revoked.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its impossible to ID more than a tiny fraction of them. Thats why these kinds of tactics have always been so effective.