• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Freebie Sub to HeliOps Magazine - READ THIS

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a great deal. Jump on it if you have not already done so.

Ned, I thank you every time my issue arrives in the mail.

teabag53

pilot
I just like giving the Marines that don't have all of the FOB luxuries the things they need (beans, bullets, bandaids)...I like it even more when when its not an absolute need (mail, etc.)

HeliOps

As a sweetner here is the opening spread from the ASW story in this issue and the CV22 story in the previous issue. Got to go flying in the CV22 - What a friggin awesome machine (not sure what to call it as it aint a plane and it aint a helicopter).

Cheers

Ned

Attachments

• HO64 ASW dps.jpg
    HO64 ASW dps.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 31
  • HO62 CV-22 DPS.jpg
    HO62 CV-22 DPS.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 33

highside7r

None
Flying low just above/around the terrain, the ability to just stop when I need to. Flying at all times of day/wx to pick up someone in the middle of nowhere, that without this machine, would die!

HeliOps

And before anyone asks why we didnt feature the Marines MV22 its very easy, we tried and tried and tried to get a response from the PA folk but no one bothered to respond to us so we went and played with the USAF and even got to fly in one CV22 to shoot the other. :)

We have even been invited to some of the other Cv22 squadrons so keep an eye out for those features.

Cheers

Ned

z3kracer

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
pilot
Sliding... I'll never forget how cool it was to slide in a hover when I first got to Advanced.

iwishiwaseatin

Hmm mhhmm
pilot
This might be super lame for some, but I love box patterns. Perpendicular, parallel, nose in, SAS off, it doesnt matter. Hovering low and in control is my favorite.

HeliOps

Any more takers for the freebie offer as latest issue goes out the door on Monday.

Cheers

Ned

H60Gunner

Contributor
I liked CALS, MALS, starlight terf, CSAR Missions in general, finding something to do in Stbd D, going Winchester, X-Countries, flying off the boat and getting diverted to go do something totally unexpected, flying up a canyon on NVG's one rotor arc (or less) away from the canyon wall, SAR missions, getting wet, jumping out of the helo, operating the hoist, flying around on hover control, RAST landings......

HeliOps

Steve,

Just post on here what you enjoy the most about flying helos or if you are a crewie, flying in them. Then send me a PM with name and postal address.

Cheers

Ned

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Unaided landings on a small deck. Landing in an LZ and hearing "clear of the trees". White out/brown out landings. Playing $9 mil snow blower hovering up and down the runway at EAATS. Low level, terrain and NOE flight under NVGs. Autos under NGVs!!! Hudson River Corridor at or below 500'.

Lawman

None
The first time I taxi'd from the ramp to the active runway without using taxiways. What an odd sensation after only ever driving my plane to a runway using pavement, but damn if I didnt like it.