• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Freebie Sub to HeliOps Magazine - READ THIS

Check Six

Ok guys here is the deal. :D

As some of you know, including the Boss Man here, I also sponsor a general helicopter industry forum called Heli Torque, which covers both civil and military. To get their military forums going, none of which are competition to Air Warriors, I would like to ask members here to join and make a few posts in the various military forums. This will help get the ball rolling.

To say thanks for your assistance there I am happy to add anyone who makes a post or two on the Heli Torque military forums, to the VIP list for HeliTac for the next 12 months. We are working on the next issue of HeliTac already and its looking like it will be much better than the first.

Anyway thanks to the mods here who have a great site and here is the link for the Heli Torque forums.

Heli Torque Forums

Look forward to your assistance and its a small price to pay for a freebie mag :)

Cheers Guys.

Ned

Check Six

HeliTac & HeliOps Updates

Have had a number of emails from members asking about HeliTac and HeliOps so thought I would keep you posted on this thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest issue of Heli Ops is now on the printing presses and its one of the best ones of the year. Cover feature is about working with the US Dept of State INL Air Wing in Afghanistan. Rob and I spent ten days with these guys in Kabul and Kandahar and its an amazing operation. This is Part 1 of a 2 Part series. The Features are:

* Battling the power of Opuim in Afghanistan
* All Hell Breaks Loose in Sierra Leone
* Risk Management Feature
* Mi-26 Salvaging Logs off the Kiperousa in Sth Africa.

ads.jpg

adw.jpg

adv.jpg

adu.jpg

adt.jpg

Check Six

48 Hours Left for Free HeliTac Magazine Sub - Then Offer Is Gone For Good.

Just one final heads up for everyone that the two year freebie subscription offer expires in 48 hours from now. Its Friday night here in Kiwiland and monday morning the next issue of the mag gets airmailed off as its on the printing presses now, so if you want your freebie sub to it PM or email me now.

Some of you asked why I am giving the subs away. Couple of reasons. First one is that HeliTac is our newest mag, and dedicated to the military helo industry, so what better way for people to know about it than to give away some free subs. Its sister publication HeliOps (civil helo ops) has been going for six years. Its about time the military helo industry had a full colour glossy mag of their own. You can see it at www.helitacmag.com

The second reason is because I can. :)

I own the mags lock, stock and barrell so I can do what I want. One of the joys of working for yourself. Its four times a year at the moment and going to six issues next year and eventually a monthly.

So if you want to see what the hype is about then drop me a PM.

Thanks to the admin and mods here for allowing me to give you guys something for nothing.

Cheers

Ned.
Publisher - HeliTac

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Nice pictures. I didn't know they had fluxcapacitors in helos these days...

Skeet

Banned
Excellent pics. One day I hope to take those kinda pics. Because I'll be old to fly. As my dad said, he'd stop flying when he stopped breathing. And he did.

Check Six

Check Six aka Ned - Credentials

Well I have had a number of emails from members of the board asking me who I am and where I appeared from as they dont believe I have done what I say I have done so am happy to stand up and be counted in front of you guys.

Country of Residence: New Zealand

I have three magazines currently. One called HeliOps which is a civil helo industry mag, been going for six years (http://www.heliopsmag.com)

Next one is Helitac my military helo trade mag and this is up to issue 4. (http://www.helitacmag.com)

I also publish H2O Full Throttle, a powerboat racing magazine. http://www.h2ofullthrottle.com

Before publishing my own magazines I was a freelance photo journo working for various mags around the world. I have had the chance to fly in many different aircraft and will try and post some below with info about where and when for those who doubted me.

F-14 at Pax River. Was with Strike Test when Kevin KT Thomas was the Skipper there. I flew with one of the Kelly twins, cant remember if it was Mark or Scott, it was the one who flew F-14s.

F-18s at Pax River on SuperBug chase when it was still part of the ITT. Flew with Greg Fence I think it was. Also flew with Mike Rabies Rabens who was XO at TPS at the time.

F-16s - Plenty of these including 62nd FS at Luke, ORANG at Klamath Falls, 524th at Cannon AFB, NMANG at ABQ, plus number of others.

B-1 at Wichita with Jayhawks. Flew with an IP called Dallas someone. Sorry cant remember his last name.

Super Hornet - Got to fly in this as the first journo to do so with VFA122 while they were still training the IPs.

Also got to fly in the Mirage 2000 at the Paris Airshow with test pilot and airshow director Claude Martin. Then got to fly in the Rafale at Singapore with Denis Garnier, another of their test pilots. Have flown with the Finnish Air Force, Norwegians, Australians and South Africans among others.

Here are some links to info about me and some of my flights.

* This is the Fighter Tactics Academy website in Finland run by Col Jarmo Lindberg.

http://www.sci.fi/~fta/neville.htm

* This is the website for Code One magazine and shows my work for them.

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives/2000/articles/jan_00/dawson/index.html

My biggest non memorable event was being part of a midair with the 93rd FS in Homestead during a photo shoot that went wrong. End result was an F-16 at the bottom of the ocean. Dennis punched out and got home safely.

Hope that answers the critics who sent me the emails. If you want any more info on who I am and what I have done just PM me and am happy to oblige.

Neville 'Ned' Dawson

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know we've had some real "winners" here lately, so I guess everyone is sensitive. For those that are calling Ned out, many of us have received his publication, donated on his part, so unless he's running a racket on magazines, he's legit.

Thanks again for the issues, Ned. I just wish I had time to take advantage of your offer. I just fear they'd pile up w/ my unread Proceedings that I "really need to get to."

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Been there, done that

Well I have had a number of emails from members of the board asking me who I am and where I appeared from as they dont believe I have done what I say I have done so am happy to stand up and be counted in front of you guys.

Ned's work in photography, writing and publishing certainly speaks for itself and he is also a quite generous chap. His work is internationally known and he routinely takes breathtaking aerial pix. His resume is out there on the web for all to see and AW is fortunate that he spends time on the forum and is so generous with free subscriptions and sharing of his travel pix.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'd be curious as to how anyone would think that Ned was somehow faking an identity as part of a devious plot to give away free helicopter industry magazines. What will Skeeterman think of next? :icon_wink

Rasczak

Marine
^^^ Agreed. He's an all around good guy with exceptional photography skills and great magazines. Ned as I said before, you are the man.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
While I enjoy seeing the occasional Mr. Bogus getting outed as much as the next guy, this business is getting a little out of hand. IMHO
Ever since the whole skeeterman incident, it seems like there has been a witch hunt on AW...everyone is trying to be the guy who outs the next phony.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
Ned, I work with Dan Megna. I hear your name mentioned quite a bit. He always has very nice things to say about you. Nice magazine by the way. I'm always bugging Dan for photography tips. Never knew you were such the stud. I thought you were just the magazine ninja.

Check Six

Xnvyflyer - Thanks and Dan is a great guy. He and I have been friends for many many years, since the day him and John got their ALEA crew of the year award. In fact I was the one who got Dan into helo photography for the mags with my mag, he then moved over to Vertical later on.

I dont suppose you are the ex HCS5 guy who put the photo on the wall of one of the guys offices of the squadron SH60 painted up in the cool looking grey camo scheme.

Cheers

Ned