• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Freebie Sub to HeliOps Magazine - READ THIS

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I enjoy seeing the occasional Mr. Bogus getting outed as much as the next guy, this business is getting a little out of hand. IMHO
Ever since the whole skeeterman incident, it seems like there has been a witch hunt on AW...everyone is trying to be the guy who outs the next phony.

The guys who are fake eventually trip up and show themselves as phonies. They end up outing themselves with outlandish tales and incorrect jargon. They show themselves. We don't look for them.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I enjoy seeing the occasional Mr. Bogus getting outed as much as the next guy, this business is getting a little out of hand. IMHO
Ever since the whole skeeterman incident, it seems like there has been a witch hunt on AW...everyone is trying to be the guy who outs the next phony.
I assure you there is no AW witch hunt. There is a concern about people saying they are someone they are not and saying they have done many great things when in fact they have not. This concern is never ending and has been a part of this site long before many of the active members were active. It will continue. Think of it as quality assurance. There are some folks here that really have the ability to reach out and touch someone, so imposters are found out rather quickly and dealt with accordingly (non violently of course). A witch hunt is based on rumor and innuendo. We deal with facts.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks for sharing, Ned. Looking forward to the mag to share with the tons of helo bubbas floating around.

There are some folks here that really have the ability to reach out and touch someone, so imposters are found out rather quickly and dealt with accordingly (non violently of course).
But the violent option isn't off the table, right?:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FMRAM must be Skeeterman!

Sorry to disappoint you but FMRAM is actually for real (I know, it must be crushing to hear this.......). I had the pleasure, or displeasure depending on your point of view, of serving with him the same squadron.........

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sorry to disappoint you but FMRAM is actually for real ...I know..
WRONG!!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!!

Everyone who has posted on this thread is Skeeterman. Or a Skeeterman wannabe. Or at least a close relative of Skeeterman ... I know; and soon ...., very soon ... you WILL OUT yourselves .... I ..... know .....(except for me, of course) . :eek:

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Sorry to disappoint you but FMRAM is actually for real (I know, it must be crushing to hear this.......). I had the pleasure, or displeasure depending on your point of view, of serving with him the same squadron.........

I too have been scarred for life by FMRAM after having to pick him and another NSI bud up after a parade. Something about a dumpster… or something like that.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I assure you there is no AW witch hunt. There is a concern about people saying they are someone they are not and saying they have done many great things when in fact they have not. This concern is never ending and has been a part of this site long before many of the active members were active. It will continue. Think of it as quality assurance. There are some folks here that really have the ability to reach out and touch someone, so imposters are found out rather quickly and dealt with accordingly (non violently of course). A witch hunt is based on rumor and innuendo. We deal with facts.

Definitely not the case at all as Steve attests. In fact, it takes a lot of time by many folks behind the scenes to make sure the suspected poser is exactly that while giving them the benefit of doubt until the trigger is pulled and only then when the Mod Team agrees on the facts as researched. All of this goes on without public airing to protect sources and the individual. The Mods all double check each others findings before a decison is made.

That said, a comment or two on Ned and Skeeter/Snort/Skeeterman. When Ned found himself questioned, he was immediately forthright and issue was settled. In case of Skeet/Snort/Skeeterman (two individuals coexisting on AW with 3 usernames with some overlap; funny how both chose root word of "Skeeter...), in case of all suspect posts, PMs were sent by multiple Moderators to establsh authenticity only to get vague or even more misleading answers in response. We gave each incarnation plenty of rope and they each hung themselves in the end.

In ALL instances of a valid poster with real credentials, they responded immediately like Ned, the posers start putting up smoke screens and can't survive a "bona fide" check with units or associations that represent their supposed resume. As Steve also mentioned, with a Mod Team over 30 strong, our resources are considerable whether they be rapport with other Forum Mod Teams and their expertise or with actual units and companies (like Blackwater). We, indeed, "reach out and touch someone" when that is what is called for to settle the authenticity of a poster.

The reason the Mod Team acts swiftly to determine authenticity is that AW serves as a resource for those seeking aviation careers and other aspirants in related fields so the presence of a "poser" is detrimental to providing accurate and meaningful advice and mentorship. In one of his vague responses to a request for his background, Skeet said "I didn't realize you guys were so serious". Yes, we are......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WRONG!!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!! WRONG !!!

Everyone who has posted on this thread is Skeeterman. Or a Skeeterman wannabe. Or at least a close relative of Skeeterman ... I know; and soon ...., very soon ... you WILL OUT yourselves .... I ..... know .....(except for me, of course) . :eek:

Okay, okay......I admit it, I am a fraud. :( In reality I am retired Northwest Captain that never got to live out my dream of flying the best airplane ever to grace the skies, Heinemann's Hot Rod, the A-4 Skyhawk.

So I just sit here in my house in the Northwest with nothing but time on my hands to haunt this site and satisfy my strange fixation for cigars and limes :confused: I am sorry that this had to come out now.........speaking of coming out...........:eek:

Smiles in effect.........:D;)

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Okay, okay......I admit it, I am a fraud. :( In reality I am retired Northwest Captain that never got to live out my dream of flying the best airplane ever to grace the skies, Heinemann's Hot Rod, the A-4 Skyhawk.

So I just sit here in my house in the Northwest with nothing but time on my hands to haunt this site and satisfy my strange fixation for cigars and limes :confused: I am sorry that this had to come out now.........speaking of coming out...........:eek:

Smiles in effect.........:D;)
I bet he flies for Mesaba in a Sabb 340 too...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
But the violent option isn't off the table, right?:D
We prefer techniques that cause mental anguish such as "fixing" your credit score, foreclosing on your home, sending compromising photos to your friends and family.....there's more, but we like to keep the best stuff secret.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Okay, okay......I admit it, a .... retired .. Captain ...... live out my dream of flying the best airplane ever to grace the skies, Heinemann's Hot Rod, the A-4 Skyhawk. ..... So I just sit here in my house .....and satisfy my strange fixation for cigars and limes :confused: ....Smiles in effect.........:D;)
That guy sounds like a STUD !!! Wish I could "live the dream" as well ...

AW's smiles IN effect as well :

80379312ey5.jpg

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I dont suppose you are the ex HCS5 guy who put the photo on the wall of one of the guys offices of the squadron SH60 painted up in the cool looking grey camo scheme.

Cheers

Ned

No but I know the pics you are talking about. I met that guy and his wife/girlfriend once about 3 years ago.

I was an HSL guy.

Cheers

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
My apologies to the mod team and the other members of this forum. I had no idea that so much went on behind the scenes and I jumped to a hasty conclusion. Keep up the good work gentlemen...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

What are you trying to say Flash? :eek::D