• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Upgraded: Post comments/problems found here

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
pennst8 said:
I'm seeing the VBulletin logo instead of the AW logo on the main page...
Yeah, my default "AW LOGO" got deleted with the upgrade. I have a backup, but will have to upload later. I am playing around with some alternate headers.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, I agree with A4s, best military discussion forum. And I've been to Military.com, that place will make you want to punch the screen sometimes.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
UInavy said:
This update should definitely qualify you for a NAM.
I'll settle for a beer, that would mean I'd have to update my ribbons, and that would require work and forethought, not too good at that. ;)

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Agree with everyone ... found this site long ago and answered all my crazy newbie questions (what percentage get P-3s?).

Board has better quality people and better quality answers than any other I've seen.

Really dig the new improvements!

Thanks for the time and effort Web.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
This is telling me that you don't have cookies enabled. Your session, last login, to find the new posts, and for what style you prefer is what is causing that change. The "default" style is set to blue currently.

Yup.

Thanks for the tip, and the improvement efforts...

KBayDog

Getting a bit picky here, but since the floor is open:

Edit Profile, Favorite Quote: "Enter your favorit quote here."

"You can't be anal retentive if you don't have an anus."

Mega dittos, Rush, on all the postive things said about this forum. Thank you!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
kbay, no problem, thanks for picking up on that, I will add it to the list.

Still some odds and ends, but I have put too much time in on this over the last couple days, going to take a break!

Gallery and home page are up and running. Shoutbox was kicking my ass, so I gave up on it for now. If you notice any more glitches, please post them here. Will help me troubleshoot.

Also, took away the BLUE style, I found some bugs in it.

John

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
NOT tryying to be picky, but noticed that I can't rate the pictures in the gallery (looks as though there is an option to give pictures a rating from 1 to 10). When I click the number I get the following error:

Sorry, you don't have permission to post/edit.
If you tried to edit, you might not be the post's author or editing may
be disabled for your usergroup.

Edit: Really like the new gallery function, and don't really care if I can rate the pics or not.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
VarmintShooter said:
NOT tryying to be picky, but noticed that I can't rate the pictures in the gallery (looks as though there is an option to give pictures a rating from 1 to 10). When I click the number I get the following error:

Edit: Really like the new gallery function, and don't really care if I can rate the pics or not.
Try it now. I updated the settings.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
I can't seem to get the gallery to work.

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/\gallery/index.php was not found on this server

I'm getting the same error.

Webmaster, just in case this helps, i'm running Mozilla Firefox 1.0 on WinXP Professional....

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wondering . . . some people now have "contributor" under their user title. What exactly does that signify? Is is rep-based, automated, or just something John can hand out to whoever he wants to?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Someone who has donated $$ to the site to keep it running and defray costs.

KBayDog

zippy said:
Under the "Welcome, (Name)" it says (Number) New Posts and is hyperlinked. When you click on the link you get a "sorry- no matches" message.

Webmeister - I've been having this problem lately, too. I have cookies enabled, and usually don't have any problems whatsoever. However, about once every two days ago or so, it will say something like "20 New Posts" since your last visit. I'll click on it (since I know they are new) and get the "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." message. Again, it only happens occasionally.

Sometimes, too, the "X New Posts" indicator displays that new posts have been added, when none actually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.