• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

    Go here:

    Edit Account Details and Profile

Forced To Choose Early

I’m assuming someone else out there has had this happen to them or knows what to do in my situation.

My second choice SWO approved me and gave me a leave date for April 14th. My first choice INTEL won’t be posting results until the end of April. Obviously there’s a timing issues here.

Do I have to make a premature decision and risk getting a no for INTEL and losing my April 14th slot? I would think that the Navy would wait for all boards to meet before giving me a leave date.

After asking my recruiter, they informed me that rejecting SWO will push my leave date back a month but there’s also a risk of them not giving me another chance to attend OCS. In other words they could deny my acceptance if the initial date is rejected. Not sure what to do in this situation.
 

Renegade One

Well-Known Member
None
There may be a "little-known codicil in the Faber College constitution" that I don't know about, so if someone else wades in and tells you I'm AFU, follow their advice, I guess.

That said, I'd take the April OCS slot in a heartbeat and never look back. OCS is the same for everyone...if you DO get picked up for Intel, you'll already be in the schoolhouse, getting the needed training.
 

RecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
As what @NavyOffRec mentioned your Intel preference was probably scrapped or submitted. As you can see in other threads, there are other candidates who were PROREC’d Y from their second choice and are waiting boards for their first choice.

It’s a shitty-ish situation nonetheless but in the end you still have a chance to serve and ship out as a SWO - which was another designator you were interested in.
 

AULANI

Well-Known Member
I’m assuming someone else out there has had this happen to them or knows what to do in my situation.

My second choice SWO approved me and gave me a leave date for April 14th. My first choice INTEL won’t be posting results until the end of April. Obviously there’s a timing issues here.

Do I have to make a premature decision and risk getting a no for INTEL and losing my April 14th slot? I would think that the Navy would wait for all boards to meet before giving me a leave date.

After asking my recruiter, they informed me that rejecting SWO will push my leave date back a month but there’s also a risk of them not giving me another chance to attend OCS. In other words they could deny my acceptance if the initial date is rejected. Not sure what to do in this situation.
You're an officer first. I'd take the SWO job... and I'm intel.
 

Tacticalhusky

Well-Known Member
As what @NavyOffRec mentioned your Intel preference was probably scrapped or submitted. As you can see in other threads, there are other candidates who were PROREC’d Y from their second choice and are waiting boards for their first choice.

It’s a shitty-ish situation nonetheless but in the end you still have a chance to serve and ship out as a SWO - which was another designator you were interested in.
This is an option? That was my class date but my recruiter told me I can’t just choose SWO, that I need my first choice supply results to be released first. I’ve expressed concern about missing that April 14th SWO class due to these results. It’s been 5 weeks now.
 
This is an option? That was my class date but my recruiter told me I can’t just choose SWO, that I need my first choice supply results to be released first. I’ve expressed concern about missing that April 14th SWO class due to these results. It’s been 5 weeks now.
It’s interesting that two recruiters can tell you two 100% different things. That’s why I keep trying to get more clarification through the forums.
 

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
It’s interesting that two recruiters can tell you two 100% different things. That’s why I keep trying to get more clarification through the forums.
Recruiters tell you what they think they need you to hear to get the outcome that they want based on the goals set for them... you’re the product for consumption by the organization they represent. This is true at every organization.
 

Tacticalhusky

Well-Known Member
It’s interesting that two recruiters can tell you two 100% different things. That’s why I keep trying to get more clarification through the forums.
After speaking with my OR earlier this week about these results, he actually informed me I was able to reject supply now if I wanted, and proceed with SWO to get into OCS quicker. I told him I’d wait out the results.
 
After speaking with my OR earlier this week about these results, he actually informed me I was able to reject supply now if I wanted, and proceed with SWO to get into OCS quicker. I told him I’d wait out the results.
I’d like to wait out the results for both Intel and Supply but I don’t want to miss out all together just in case I was rejected for them. Hopefully SUPPO will post soon! Like, this Monday soon.
 

Tacticalhusky

Well-Known Member
I’d like to wait out the results for both Intel and Supply but I don’t want to miss out all together just in case I was rejected for them. Hopefully SUPPO will post soon! Like, this Monday soon.
That’s how I’m feeling. That’s why I think I’m going to wait out supply to Tuesday/Wednesday but I’m ready to just say okay let’s go swo
 
Top