• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

? for jet pilots

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
FINALLY a west-coaster spoke up. Yeah... our rides are hands down the best. end of statement :)

That's not what my local roller coaster nut (travels the country "rating" them) tells me (he says Cedar Point). :eek:

On Magic Mountain: two issues there, as I recall.

1. Only teenagers go there (en masse, mind you), but all they buy is the ticket, and MAYBE some waay expensive food. They DON't get into the whole merch-money thing that Universal or Disney can tap into at their parks.

2. Gangs were an issue, I believe.

Lawman

None
yea but we're talking about rollercoasters... who cares about the rest.

In that case Ceder Point will definately own the crap out of it. Between Raptor, Millenium Force, and Mantis you've got a trifecta of near shit your pants roller coaster badassitude.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
I went to Magic Mountain this summer and rode nearly every coaster. It's got nothing on CP.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
FINALLY a west-coaster spoke up. Yeah... our rides are hands down the best. end of statement :)

Please. The west coast has some good stuff but tops Cedar Point? Try again. There's reasons why it's rated the top park with the top coasters.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Please. The west coast has some good stuff but tops Cedar Point? Try again. There's reasons why it's rated the top park with the top coasters.

Seems to be the same resonating response I've heard over the years..
Also, CA is way too far to visit for a theme park; I'd love to hit CP though,
my friend is from OH and has always spoken very highly of it.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Thank you all very much for the input. As far as purposely not including other community pilots it wasn't intentional I just rationalized the feeling of a roller coaster closer to a jet pilot then other pilots.

As far as the best roller coaster, I have been to six flags north of LA and it was cool, but that was four years ago so I don't know if they have added anymore. The griffin at Busch Gardens is new this year and it was pretty cool. I have not been to CP yet but that is one of my goals while on "shore duty".

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Thank you all very much for the input. As far as purposely not including other community pilots it wasn't intentional I just rationalized the feeling of a roller coaster closer to a jet pilot then other pilots.

I get what you were saying, comparing the speed (relative I guess) to what a tactical jet might go through. I was a COD guy but now that I fly the T-34, I go upside down quite a bit during aero, spins, etc. I flew the T-2C for about 6 months years ago but don't remember much of anything about that. I would say that a roller coaster ride that goes upside down, does turns, etc is similar to doing aero. Rides like Montazuma's Revenge at Knotts is similar to soft cat shot. Maybe some of those new rides have quicker launches, like the one shown above. Last year, I went to Knotts with my family. My daughter and I get on one of those spin rides. The Bunk was sick for the rest of the day.........what a PU$$Y :D