• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For All You Academy Kids...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
The administration at the Academy would not let them film on camps because the movie portrayed things that the Academy doesn't do. That being said, when I saw the trailer in theatres, I just couldn't stop laughing.

Lawman

None
shoo24 said:
You mean "I'm going to the Naval Academy" actually works as a pickup line?

Yeah about as well as "Im going to Riddle, I fly planes," works in Daytona Beach.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow.. that looks... ridiculous.

Stealth looked like a better movie.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
You're effing kidding me. I'll file this one with "Stealth" in my 'never watch' category.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Next they will probably have a movie in which a highly trained figher pilot twitches his stick back and forth to recover from a spin.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Lawman said:
Yeah about as well as "Im going to Riddle, I fly planes," works in Daytona Beach.

If there were more girls in daytona, then yeah that might work. But, its the fall and it sucks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
So the producer actually ate w/ our company when he was researching, and wanted to talk more w/ the kid who spent the most time as a Mid at USNA... if you were there between 2000 and 2005, you know who I'm talking about... The Man, The Myth, The Legend(ary Girl)...

Anyways, my then roommate got to read some of the script, and laughed his a$$ off at it. Said it was the most unrealistic thing he'd ever read.

Just watched the trailer, and I can't wait not to see it...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
If there were more girls in daytona, then yeah that might work. But, its the fall and it sucks.
That's because they're all at UF, FSU, or Miami. Flight training is less expensive in all those places too. :D

BT

Didn't we have a Naval aviation flick not too long ago....yea, Top Gun I believe. That was a great flick. They should make a sequel. I hear, "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling" still works on chicks in P-cola.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Prior enlisted Marine of 3 years as a Midshipman officer. Oh yeah, REAL scary.

"I know exactly what it takes to be an officer".

You have a better idea than a non-prior... but think again... oh veteran of 3 years.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
Why do I get the feeling that when this movie comes out, the Academy kids will puff out their chests, tell ALL their friends to go see it, and even use it as a pickup line on skanks at the bars?!