• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If, and it is a big if, Kentucky beats Georgia then I believe the seal will be broken and the first horseman of the apocalypse will ride across the SEC signaling the end of times.

Last edited:

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
If, and it is a big if, Kentucky beats Georgia then I believe the seal will be broken and the first horseman of the apocalypse will ride across the SEC signaling the end of times.

Not gonna happen - Georgia is going to win it all this year. That said, I have been impressed by both Kentucky’s QB and their offensive play calling. As for today, Iowa looks in trouble - and the play of the day had to be Florida’s 1st half Hail Mary TD pass on the last play of the half.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Not gonna happen - Georgia is going to win it all this year. That said, I have been impressed by both Kentucky’s QB and their offensive play calling. As for today, Iowa looks in trouble - and the play of the day had to be Florida’s 1st half Hail Mary TD pass on the last play of the half.
I’m not convinced about Georgia, but then again I’m not convinced about anybody this year. Iowa just got knocked off their perch, LSU beat Florida, and as much as I like OU, they have a long history of stumbling I have to acknowledge. Top 25 teams are falling every weekend.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
They look solid. The Big 10 will be a fun race to the finish as well.
I don’t think that cincy is actually one of the four best teams, and they won’t face a top ten or likely even top 15 team all year. But with no clear elite/undefeated team in any of the non-SEC conferences, an undefeated Cincy will likely earn a lopsided loss in the playoff.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Shaping up for Cincy to have a spot in the playoff if they win out

Boo on Cincy. Send the Chanticleers from Coastal!

Even the coach.

As for who makes the playoffs, I am guessing Georgia, Cincy, Big-10 champion and Oregon if it runs the table. Controversially, a 2 loss ‘Bama might beat out a 1 loss Oklahoma or any other 1 loss Big-10 team.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

View attachment 32979

Even the coach.

View attachment 32980

As for who makes the playoffs, I am guessing Georgia, Cincy, Big-10 champion and Oregon if it runs the table. Controversially, a 2 loss ‘Bama might beat out a 1 loss Oklahoma or any other 1 loss Big-10 team.
I agree with those teams although Oklahoma undefeated is in even though they look quite vulnerable and also play weak competition. A one loss Oklahoma is a tough call against one loss Oregon

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

View attachment 32979

Even the coach.

View attachment 32980

A two loss ‘Bama can’t go before a one loss Oklahoma assuming OU wins the Big-12.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I agree with those teams although Oklahoma undefeated is in even though they look quite vulnerable and also play weak competition. A one loss Oklahoma is a tough call against one loss Oregon
You keep saying that and I keep disagreeing. The Big-12 has parity with the SEC and Big-10.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You keep saying that and I keep disagreeing. The Big-12 has parity with the SEC and Big-10.
NFL rosters, recent head to heads, and current recruiting says that’s utter bullshit. But we’ve already covered that so let’s not do this again

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
NFL rosters, recent head to heads, and current recruiting says that’s utter bullshit. But we’ve already covered that so let’s not do this again
Now look who is interested in history! I do have to say it was fun watching a recent Big-12 departure (thus an assumed weakling in the SEC) beat the very best the SEC has to offer.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Now look who is interested in history! I do have to say it was fun watching a recent Big-12 departure (thus an assumed weakling in the SEC) beat the very best the SEC has to offer.
Where did I talk about history? Recent meaning a decade ago? You’re awful at this

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Where did I talk about history? Recent meaning a decade ago? You’re awful at this
October 9…this year. Reference 2,3,4. Awful? Not sure you know what the word means.

1: Dak Prescott isn’t “decent”?

2: You’re talking history. I’m talking right now and the recent past which is why I cited the current make up of the NFL which overwhelmingly shows the SEC is where the most talent comes from.

3: That’s also history

4: That’s also history

ESPN’s greatest teams all time is also obviously history.

The SEC is the dominant conference because that’s where the talent is, and because they dominate the other conferences on the field. If you want to compare ancient history I guess Harvard and Army are good too.