• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FN Five SeveN (sic)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Can't believe you're getting a PS90 after your reaction above! Did you just start clicking randomly on the FN website and pick up the -2000 too!?

I can't wait until I "join up" and start knockin' down the big bucks... after all, A4's is doin all this purchasing on his pension: 1/2 1950's-era LT's pay. Right? Adjusted for inflation... I think I could buy a couple DDG's.

Dude, try 747 captain's pension... Thats like more in retirement pay than 99% of the rest of the country makes in yearly salary...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...pension: 1/2 1950's-era LT's pay. Right? Adjusted for inflation... I think I could buy a couple DDG's.
Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but ... you probably could; but you probably couldn't afford the crew for them.

The crews cost too much and want liberty and leave and medical AND THEIR pensions ... and then there's that "don't ask; don't tell" bullshit to you'd have to deal with ... :D

navy09

None
.... but my FiveseveN's "in the mail" ... so's the ammo, the "LOTs" of ammo :D ... the PS90 is also "in the mail" pending receipt of funds on the other end ... and ... *** breathless*** ... the radar is now trackin' a couple of FS2000's ...

So...so...so jealous...

I feel sorry for any small country that tries to invade your...wherever you live :eek:

Old NFO

None
At 15.50 a box you better be buying CASES of ammo A4! Looking forward to a range report after you get your toys...LOL

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Shot it today ... I like, very much. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Pretty good in my hand, not the "best", but "pretty damn good" ... the safety will require a little retraining to "get it right" ... the felt recoil is negligible ... the accuracy of the SS195 and SS197 ammunition was excellent ... you can repeatedly punch inside the 9 ring on a B-27 target @ 50+ yards

B27.gif

I think I'll get another barrel and some "interesting" accessories ... ??? :)

Longer applications of the 5.7x28mm cartridge are "in the mail" ... :)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
STOP SAYING THAT!!!

fn_civil_p90.jpg

THE PS90 IS THE UGLIEST F'IN' CARBINE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

But you are probably right .... :)

Oh come on, anyone who's ever played GoldenEye 64 knows that the P90 is the greatest gun ever known to man.:icon_smil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FYI ..... 5.7x28mm possibilities:

fn_57_ammo.JPG

SS190 - Armor piercing (AP) - banned for civie street
SS191/L191 - AP Tracer
SS192 - Hollow Point (not pictured - not AP) - replaced by SS195
SB193 - AP Subsonic - sale in civie street restricted
SS195 - Lead free hollow point projectile with copper jacket (not AP)
SS197 - Sporting round (Hornady 40 gr. V-max, hollow point lead) (not AP)
SS198 - The SS198 is identical to SS195LF, but loaded for a higher muzzle velocity to boost the penetration in soft tissue. It is restricted by FN Herstal for sale/distribution to law enforcement and military customers as a duty cartridge.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
speaking of the P90... I've heard that the first 50,000 made had an "issue" where you could move a spring, making the weapon full auto? Internet rumor???

xmid

pilot
Contributor
The rounds that are "banned in civie street" are they truly banned and punishable by law for posession or are they not commercially for sale? I ask because I have seen some pretty crazy stuff for sale at gun shows and such... Flachete rounds, AP, API, even seen some live 40mm HE grenade rounds for sale (that required a 200 dollar destructive device tax stamp for each one).

ie. handloaders...

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
FN's space laser bullpup AR received a very positive review from the site A4's linked:

FS2000

Looks like a blast to shoot. The feature where it ejects the brass only after the 4th round is interesting. I take it there is a provision that allows you to clear the ejection tube... otherwise, after factory fresh, you're permanently carrying four shell casings around.

When is yours due, A4's?