• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FN Five SeveN (sic)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ALOHA:

Anyone have any PERSONAL experience w/ one of these ... ??? Pro's, con's, what do you think about the ammo ... all the usual suspects ... yada, yada, yada ... ???

Thanks in advance.

300px-Five-seveN_USG.jpg

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Never fired one, but saw one in action at a ballistic shock plate demonstration. Chewed through the NYPD's standard issue vest like candy. Very impressed.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Never fired one, but saw one in action at a ballistic shock plate demonstration. Chewed through the NYPD's standard issue vest like candy. Very impressed.

Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but ... I don't know what class of protection the NYPD's standard vest is ... but the super-impressive SS190 cartridge is not available to civilians ... at least not "legally".

utak

You could try going for an AR-15 style upper that is made for the 5.7mm round.

The craptastic performance of 5.7mm but in an AR-style rifle.

AR-57-02.jpg

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Especially the civilian model, with the "legal" barrel. That AR is amazing. I didn't know there was such a conversion.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
colleague of mine has one... it's great fun, like shooting a .22 with just a tad more kick. he carries it off duty too, somehow it's easier to conceal than the issued P2000.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I've never fired that pistol but the plus side of having a bottle-necked cartridge is that you're likely to have very few, if any, feeding errors while shooting.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
How much does a Five-Seven run for anyways?
@ $940 +/- for a NIB w/ 3 magazines on several auction websites ... most dealers are OUT right now and the ones who have them are usually asking > $1100 for them ... the ammo is @ $20/box for 50 rounds.

That's a lot of money if you consider the Five-seveN to be a hyped-up .22 ... so don't consider it as such .... :)