• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Suspended At Vance

torpedo0126

Same here...I'd say 90% of the folks here who came from Vance have told me similar. That said, maybe they are closet Vance lovers. I'm sure it is personality dependant, like anything. Knowing myself and stories I have heard, I feel like I would not have done well there. There are others who clearly have. The lone guy in my class who came from Vance had a great time, and I can totally see that with his personality.

The people coming here thinking they are going to have a bad time, interestingly, have a bad time.

If you show up with a PMA, get over the style difference, its fine.

I also think--my opinion--that put around non-military people, a lot of the anti-Vance stuff would become its 'not that bad' stuff. But it can be cool to rag on Vance just cause AF jokes are fun.

Again, my opinion...I'm enjoying my time here, made plenty of friends, and looking forward to this strike ending.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I used to think Vance wasn't "that bad." It was gay, but no gayer than military school...

Then I went to VT-35 and life was good...and I thought....why can't all of flight school be like this!? It's all perspective. You could always just stay there for Tones and be all air farced out...

torpedo0126

I used to think Vance wasn't "that bad." It was gay, but no gayer than military school...

Then I went to VT-35 and life was good...and I thought....why can't all of flight school be like this!? It's all perspective. You could always just stay there for Tones and be all air farced out...

Oh I'm sure life is better on the blue side. But would you agree, that having not been where you are yet, this place is far from awful

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Oh I'm sure life is better on the blue side. But would you agree, that having not been where you are yet, this place is far from awful

Yeah, people get all twisted up about Vance, but it wasn't that big of deal. I really enjoyed the class camaraderie, in fact, I have several friends from Vance that I still keep in touch with.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Should be interesting down here in Corpus. Aircraft availability has been somewhat shitty lately. C-pool, anyone?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Come back .... come back .... come back ....

..... to the Navy.

The more things change .... ??? :D

HuggyU2

None
Vance is not bad at all. Training is efficient despite having a different style.

Sims and CAIs. I personally don't want to go back to Florida, because, like you, I don't want to move again, Vance is not that horrible place you hear about at API, and it would suck to have to start over again at square 1 and learn all the T-34 stuff.

However, shit happens, and if we do get moved, I'll take my two hours to be pissed about it, and then get back to work.

:icon_mi_6 Shack.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Don't worry too much folks, you'll hate the next little shit hole town the Navy sends you to. It seems people dislike where they are more than where they want to be. Then they find out the grass really isn't any greener and want to be yet someplace else. :D

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Ha.. the Enid Eagle, has a story about how unemployment is expected to rise in Enid this month.. ironic, or a stupid time to strike... either way, it seems as though, they have made their point. Kudos to the people of Enid! If it wasn't for the $6 million the AF just put into the Vance AFB "crop circles" (entrance gate), it would behoove the DOD to BRAC Vance just to have the last word, that and the humor that would rise out of the confusion people would have as to why they were being BRAC'ed. (yes I am saying the gen pop of Enid is on par with that of Meridian... well wait... they didn't have civilization, but as a city they weren't lazy, and inept, or expect a medal for doing their job on the rare occasion that happens... )

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Do not leave Meridian without going to the gas station next to the BMW dealership and getting a soft-shell crab po'boy with a piece of fried chicken and sweet tea. As good as a aunties' lean-to poboy shack in Naw'lins.