• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Suspended At Vance

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I have to agree I don't think that is a legal order. However, as an ENS/JG in flight school that's not one of those things I would waste time thinking about or going to battle over.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
In other news, for better or for worse - I've been re-assigned to TW-4 in Corpus. Any chance it's because of said strikes?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
In other news, for better or for worse - I've been re-assigned to TW-4 in Corpus. Any chance it's because of said strikes?

I'm not much involved in this stuff, but I think it's just specific to that contract.

torpedo0126

actually, i think that might be part of it...are there any other people in your class who are STILL going to Vance?

like I said, classes start every three weeks and 1-2 people come every week from API. With no new classes starting, there could be a build up pretty quickly.

There are rumors floating around here that should the 3-4 month mark roll around and this thing isn't resolved we will be shipped back to Whiting.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
However, as an ENS/JG in flight school that's not one of those things I would waste time thinking about or going to battle over.

Bingo.

Word is now that there's a strong possibility of farming those of us in the most senior classes (T-1's and T-6's) out to the other UPT bases. Maybe I can party with my buddies in K-rock for a little while.

Also, the CO of my squadron told us at our platform briefing today that the Navy guys are gonna get priority if/when they farm us out because "We didn't sign up for this shit." This guy is legit. That's T-1 specific gouge only, though.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I've got a friend who's starting API today and he found out yesterday that he was being changed from Vance to Corpus as well. I was wondering the same thing.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
actually, i think that might be part of it...are there any other people in your class who are STILL going to Vance?

like I said, classes start every three weeks and 1-2 people come every week from API. With no new classes starting, there could be a build up pretty quickly.

There are rumors floating around here that should the 3-4 month mark roll around and this thing isn't resolved we will be shipped back to Whiting.

So are you guys getting any X's while you are there right now? If not, WTF do they have you guys do everyday? I don't know if you like OK or not, but I would pray for them to send me back to Florida if I was in your shoes (unless they were going to eventually make me move back to OK, I hate moving).

torpedo0126

^^^Man, lucky break for those guys. (from what I hear about Vance)

Vance is not bad at all. Training is efficient despite having a different style.

So are you guys getting any X's while you are there right now? If not, WTF do they have you guys do everyday? I don't know if you like OK or not, but I would pray for them to send me back to Florida if I was in your shoes (unless they were going to eventually make me move back to OK, I hate moving).

Sims and CAIs. I personally don't want to go back to Florida, because, like you, I don't want to move again, Vance is not that horrible place you hear about at API, and it would suck to have to start over again at square 1 and learn all the T-34 stuff.

However, shit happens, and if we do get moved, I'll take my two hours to be pissed about it, and then get back to work.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Vance is not bad at all. Training is efficient despite having a different style.

Sims and CAIs. I personally don't want to go back to Florida, because, like you, I don't want to move again, Vance is not that horrible place you hear about at API, and it would suck to have to start over again at square 1 and learn all the T-34 stuff.

However, shit happens, and if we do get moved, I'll take my two hours to be pissed about it, and then get back to work.

+1...I think that attitude would carry anybody pretty far in the Navy

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

I've talked to 2 guys that recently got here to Corpus from Vance and they both told me Vance sucked goat balls for the most part. Thats all I have to go off of. :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've talked to 2 guys that recently got here to Corpus from Vance and they both told me Vance sucked goat balls for the most part. Thats all I have to go off of. :D

Same here...I'd say 90% of the folks here who came from Vance have told me similar. That said, maybe they are closet Vance lovers. I'm sure it is personality dependant, like anything. Knowing myself and stories I have heard, I feel like I would not have done well there. There are others who clearly have. The lone guy in my class who came from Vance had a great time, and I can totally see that with his personality.