• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying CWO results?

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Guess everything is riding on STA-21 for me this year. Really feeling down knowing that my FCWO package was stronger than my STA. Let the waiting continue.

Congrats to those selected!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
FYO9 RESULTS ARE OUT(nada) = PICKLE SOLVED.

GOT A DATE WITH A D.I.!! NEWPORT IN NOVEMBER HERE I COME!! :icon_smil

p.s. thanks again Bubba's for the excellent input.

Oh...that's right...that's what this post was about... :icon_smil

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do Us Proud!

;)
FYO9 RESULTS ARE OUT(nada) = PICKLE SOLVED.

GOT A DATE WITH A D.I.!! NEWPORT IN NOVEMBER HERE I COME!! :icon_smil

p.s. thanks again Bubba's for the excellent input.

Congrats Kaboom... Don't worry 'bout makin' CNO, just keep your nose to the grindstone with the challenge at hand... OCS, (BTW, this date won't be kissin' ya!):D

Make all us ex-Enls proud!
BzB Ex-ET2(SS)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Guess everything is riding on STA-21 for me this year. Really feeling down knowing that my FCWO package was stronger than my STA. Let the waiting continue.

Congrats to those selected!

Your FCWO package may have been stronger than your STA-21 package, but with so few slots for the program your selection chances may actually be greater through STA-21, especially since you have the "Core" option as a backup.

Your STA-21 package isn't due until 1 July if I remember correctly, so you have some time to work on making your package stronger (retaking the SAT/ACT, community service/volunteer work, taking a leadership roll in your shop etc.).

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
The whole intent of FWO was to manage the number of people competing for DH slots in those communities. Fewer 13X0 JOs in each squadron means higher DH screen rates down the line, which has been a problem recently in VP and helo land.

Brett

MasterBates said:
Basically in a HSL squadron, you have 45+ JOs. (I believe VP is similar)

Through DH screen and CDR Command Screen, you have to whack 45 down to 2.

Compare that to a VFA squadron where you have less than half the JOs competing for the same DH/CO slots.

I heard this but I was confused by info like the attached powerpoint, espcially the percentages on slide 4. It looks like the TACAIR guys are promoting lots more guys to O-5/O-6 than everybody else. Would someone be willing to clarify?

Attachments

• FY10USNAVIATIONCommunityBrief.ppt
    414.5 KB · Views: 16

Pegasus

I really hope they won't just get shoved down in MC as permanent AMO/FCF pilot. "Warrants work in maint control because warrants have always worked in maint control," kind of thing.

I think "MC" and "AC" was referring to Mission Commander and Aircraft Commander.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard this but I was confused by info like the attached powerpoint, espcially the percentages on slide 4. It looks like the TACAIR guys are promoting lots more guys to O-5/O-6 than everybody else. Would someone be willing to clarify?

Those charts are a bit confusing. The percentages aren't selection rates, though, so don't try to read it that way.

Brett