• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fly for another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PEP is when you go do exchange tours w/ other services/countries. A friend of mine is about to go to Spain and fly for the Spanish Navy, and they have better aircraft than we do. Don't forget, there's plenty of people who come over to us also. Some squadronmates flew w/ Polish snipers and Aussie boarding teams in the Gulf.

paul121080

so perhaps, USMC, you should change you ID on this site to a more accurate description of where you are in your quest to become a Marine. My old Staff Sgt. always called us devil pups when we were in the position you are in right now. Someday, if you are lucky and have what it takes, you will be able to call yourself a Marine. But as you can see here, the men who came before you obviously are very concerned when someone comes on here and starts touting the title USMC when in fact they have a long, long way to go before that happens

2nd Lt. awaiting TBS

kevin

although i want to be an AMERICAN aviator, i think it would really interesting to do a service switch to another country (apperently this is what pep is?). talk about an education. and it would be really cool to see how pilots of another country react to you. i feel like it would be in the footsteps of the eagle squadron in britain during ww2. oh #&@*, there i go again on my ww2 fling.

Courtney

Hi "Monkey"

I just applied to the Canadian Airforce. I'm headed to "AirCrew Selection" in Trenton in the Fall. What’s the computerized simulator like? Anything I should look out for? Any help you could give would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks, Courtney

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In this particular case, they have just received a bunch of brand new Block 1, FCK SH-60Bs shooters. I think our newest bird in our squadron was built in 1991 or so, and the bird my det owns was built in '86, is a block .75, and has over 8500 hours on it. And not all our birds are Block 1s. The East Coast seems to have more Block 1's per squadron than the west, but still. Now that doesn't necessarily mean they know how to use the hardware, whatever country we're talking about, but the gear sure is nice.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I believe that's correct vegita. I've just read "The Right Stuff" once or twice more than I probably should have

ALL OUR ROCKETS BLOW UP!
slaphappy_125.gif

oh so thats what PEP means. But seriously, I'd love to do an exchange(or PEP) if I can just to show how much US naval aviators kick ass. :p

and yeah it kinda shocked me when I found out other countries have better hardware than we do...
like I'm sure the AF would love to get on those E-767s Japan/ROK have and doesn't the carrier Rafale actually outperform the Super Hornet?

reapergm

Holy cow. USMC has got some cajones. All I can say is this. Ive been busting my butt to get a slot in OCS Marines, and I have a pretty strong sense of patriotism. I wont knock someone for wanting to leave after 8 years of service to go commercial, but flying for another country? USMC... what!? You want to have the US Gov invest tons of $$ training you and supporting your life to fly somewhere else? You openly state thoughts of flying for someother country with our training? After 9/11.. do you now expect anyone on this site to respect that question or trust in you oneday serving with them? I believe in the Corp, I believe in the Navy, and I believe in our country. You should really think about any decision you make, especially in your posts. -reaper

Praying to get in 184

monkey

Hi Courtney,

I do have some info, before flying in Cold Lake I instructed on the Tutor (CT114) and Harvard II (T-6/CT156) with NFTC. Send me a private message or email me at dmonk@cablerocket.com, and I would be happy to help you out and send you some stuff without clogging up the message board here. Cheers!

Originally posted by reapergm
...I believe in the Corp, I believe in the Navy, and I believe in our country. You should really think about any decision you make, especially in your posts. -reaper

Praying to get in 184

Wow a wannabe jarhead that says he believes in the Navy...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Saudi Arabia's always hiring tandem rotor pilots to train their CH47 guys. 50K a year w/room and board included!

There's always a demand for bush pilots, rotor and f/w, in quasi-governmental military and non-military jobs all throughout Africa, especially, and Latin America and Asia to a lesser extent. Of course, you'll live next to your aircraft in a tin hangar in Asscrackistan, but what a bunch of cool stories! Whatever floats your boat.

Phrogs phorever

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Fulfill the terms of your contract, do it honorably and give 100%, then do whatever you want. If being a lifer was a precondition of becoming a pilot or an officer, it'd be a 20 year contract, not 8. Not everyone can stay in, by design. There's not enough room for everyone to stay the distance.

As long as you don't take our training and fly for Osama bin Laden, do what you want after you're done. I don't think it's good the say openly that you're only using the military for the training. On the other hand, if all you want to do is learn to fly in order to do something else outside, take out a student loan and go to Embry-Riddle, Flightsafety Academy, or something. It'll be cheaper in the long run, with a lot lower chance of the dreaded "cap in da ass."

Phrogs phorever

Status
Not open for further replies.