• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fly for another country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmc

Anyone ever think of flying for another country? What’s to stop someone from training over here then after their commission, shipping of to Belgium or Finland? Of course, this is only after one’s commission. I would thing one would have a better chance of getting into another’s program and possibly getting more flight time. Any info on this?
idea_125.gif

PS: Aren't there exchange programs of some sort?

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You know what... go ahead and ask your little questions, but quit using the name USMC. It's really friggin innaccurate.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After you serve your committement, that includes the time in the involuntary reserves (name on a list no military drills)then you can do what you want. Virtually any modern country will have all the same citizenship requirements as the USA does, let alone age. You will be relatively old by then. There are some exceptions. You would fly under contract as a ex-pat mercenary type civilian. I saw this in Oman. The Sultan of Oman's Royal Air Force was almost all ex-pats, mostly Brits. They flew against my airwing in exercises. Other smallish countries that don't have the talent/education base or don't trust their population with airborn weapons will use contract pilots. Beware...If you take up arms for another country you can lose your US citizenship. Besides I wouldn't want to live in any of those countries.

usmc

Originally posted by Taxman2A
You know what... go ahead and ask your little questions, but quit using the name USMC. It's really friggin innaccurate.

Sorry, I wasn’t planning on being a “lifer” in the Marines ALONG with many other people. I’m well aware of the commission time and my resulting age when I get out and was thus looking towards something more…err…commercial afterwards. Forgive me for planning ahead! I just figured with international experience, I’d be better prepared for attracting the attention of some of these commercial and/or private jet companies that fly internationally.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
It has nothing to do with planning ahead. It has everything to do with the fact that so far all I've read from you is

"Hey, what if I lied about PRK?" and
"Can I fly for another country?".

You are on here claiming the title "USMC" on this message board, when you haven't even taken the initiative to contact a recruiter yet. I know a hell of alot more candidates on this board who have busted their ass to become Marines, but have not yet Officially earned the title, and thus do not yet claim it. It is an insult to all Marines and Marine Candidates to see someone as far away from being a Marine as yourself post with a name that suggests otherwise.

If you want to fly badly enough to fly for another country, you should try just getting commissioned from another source. Their is good news though- the Mongolian Navy is currently accepting PRK!

usmc

Why don’t you go back and read that thread. I believe I posted the sentence:

“I’m just saying, just for speculative purposes…” (unedited)

Who said I was doing it?

Anyways, I’ve already scheduled a meeting with a recruiter next Thursday. I’ll give that to you but to say I’ve done nothing is a gross understatement. If you’ve read another post of mine, I believe I wrote something stating:

“I’ve been training for the specific events with stats of 18 pull-ups (palms facing out) and running five miles every other day with two mile runs in between.” (unedited)

This coming from 7 pull-ups and not being able to run two miles without stopping in early May. I’d say that’s some dedication. Now you may be happy with your 280, etc. score but I will settle for nothing else than ABOVE perfection and I have a year to get there.

Sorry if you see my name “United States Marine Core” as disrespectful to current Marines. I could see your view if I chose “Marine” but “USMC?” It is simply the name of a branch and not a person. Also, for your information, countless HS students sport shirts with ARMY, MARINES, NAVY, and AIR FORCE on them. It is quite obvious they are false advertising according to you but nonetheless display a logo they may one day be a part off. Actually, my friend received his ARMY shirt from a recruiter stand at the county fair. Maybe your beef is with the recruiters.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by usmc

Anyways, I’ve already scheduled a meeting with a recruiter next Thursday. I’ll give that to you but to say I’ve done nothing is a gross understatement.

First off, I never said you've done "nothing". Other than that though, this is my point exactly. You seem to think that because you went off an PT'd on your own you can call yourself a Marine. Sure, sure, PTing is a step in the right direction, but you have no idea just how far you have yet to go. I know this concept is lost on you right now, but trust me, if you do actually enter this commissioning program, and someday do become a Marine, you will look back at how naive it was for you to go around this forum posting with the name "USMC".

Sorry if you see my name “United States Marine Core” as disrespectful to current Marines.

You think you have the right to post with the name USMC, when you can't even spell Marine CORPS yet?

I could see your view if I chose “Marine” but “USMC?” It is simply the name of a branch and not a person. Also, for your information, countless HS students sport shirts with ARMY, MARINES, NAVY, and AIR FORCE on them. It is quite obvious they are false advertising according to you but nonetheless display a logo they may one day be a part off.

Sure, I see high schoolers wearing ARMY, NAVY, and USMC shirts, but I also see alot of them wearing shirts that say "Metallica". By posting with the name USMC on this message board, you are claiming the Marines as your primary identity that all others see when you post here. A T-Shirt doesn't say that you are a Marine, it doesn't say that you are in the Navy, and it doesn't say that you are in a band. If anything it says that you at least vaguely endorse the product on the front of the shirt, whether it be a branch of the military, a band, or a brand of clothing.

Why do I care so much about this seemingly miniscule point? The same reason why if I ever go out in public and identify myself as a Marine, I make damn sure that I am squared away, neatly shaven, neatly dressed, etc- because others form immediate impressions of the Marine Corps based on the way we carry ourselves. Now, when other people come to this site trying to learn a little bit about military aviation, they are going to see some goofball posting with the name USMC talking about lying about his PRK and flying for another country. These give immediate negative impressions about the Marine Corps and it's candidates, when in reality the person who posted it is as much of a Marine as Bill Clinton.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
No, "usmc", the problem is with the questions you ask. If you are "speculating" upon training here and then leaving the country to fight for somebody else or "speculating" about lying your way through the military, then maybe you should be considering another life style without "speculating" what's the easiest way to get out of your obligations. Why even ask what's the best way to lie about something if you're not planning on doing it? There are just some things you don't say. But I'm just "speculating".....

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

NavyLonghorn

Atleast change your name to like.. "USMC Wanna Be." When I saw your name, I immediatly assumed you were a Marine. Until I read what you said atleast. After that I figured you were just someone who would never, ever, in his wildest dreams, end up in a Navy or Marine platform.

farkle84

atta boy taxman, i am with you. i should put farkle84/USMC for my name. liberia has standards, wow must have upgraded jk.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
From reading this thread, are you talking about an exchange tour with a foreign country or switching citizenship? There are plenty of exchange tours (you have to speak the language of the host country) - I have had some friends do the Royal Navy Exchange. The other is switching countries - being American military is highly sought after - and if you could say "God Save the Queen" a transfer into the British or Australian military would probably go rather smoothly - also remember we have quite a few serving in our military who are not citizens of the US.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Just as a note:

PRK surgery can and will be picked up on at NAMI. I talked to a CDR who is our flight doc and he said that NAMI will be able to tell if one has had PRK. The vision testing at NAMI extensive. Doc also said why would some one take a chance when waivers are readily available?

As far as the USMC title, well I thik thats been taken care of in the above posts. Maybe you could have John change it for you a little. I dont know just come up with something witty. Or have John put applicant underneath it or something. It will keep people on this board from jumping down your throat.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.