• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

flight school timelines

staff03

dont know why i cant find this anywhere, but i was wondering exactly how long OCS, API, Primary, and Intermediate/Advanced jets lasts? Thanks

MasterBates

OCS 13 weeks (might be 12 now)
API 6 weeks when you start, but there is a LONG and variable wait before
Primary, ABOUT 6 months, but can vary with Weather and other variables
Advanced, from 6-18 months depending on what and where.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Prior to API you will have IFS, which is 2-3 weeks of flight training. It depends on if you are going SNA or NFO.

tlord82

pilot
Got winged in Meridian 30 Mar. Total time to train from first day of API: 2 Years, 2 Months. Including all the waiting and weather cancellations. Primary took me 10 months due to unlucky scheduling and airsickness issues. it is usually much shorter. Advanced took 1 year, 1 month.

es101js

pilot
Got winged in Meridian 30 Mar. Total time to train from first day of API: 2 Years, 2 Months. Including all the waiting and weather cancellations. Primary took me 10 months due to unlucky scheduling and airsickness issues. it is usually much shorter. Advanced took 1 year, 1 month.

are the majority of navy wingings in meridian and kingsville LTJG's, or do you still see some o-1's? (obviously excluding retreads and marines) just wondering cause it seems most guys here in corpus getting winged and sent to the rag are ensigns still because of the shorter syllabus

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
If i get through Meridian on schedule, I should be an Ensign with wings for a month or two. Look at my profile to see the timelines for each phase. My down time between phases were kept to a minimum too.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
as much as you want. or don't want.

Pretty much what he said. If someone visits you it doesn't matter. Now taking leave is something different. It will be on a case by case basis. If you just want to take leave to visit some family then that will be hard to do while you are in training. If you have a special event planned (Wedding, etc) then let your COC know early on that you will be asking for leave so they can plan for it.

SQUIDutah

pilot
On a larger scale, does anyone know where I can find the most current career progression sheet for Naval Aviator? I found one a few years back, but was told it is not the current one.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Progressioncopy.jpg

Attachments

• Progression copy.jpg
    Progression copy.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 199

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Funny, my chart looks NOTHING like that :eek:

That's ok, I'm sure no passed-over helo guys with OOD letters will hate you if you get promoted anyways.

(I would add one of those smileys, but it just ain't funny...)