• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Fallonflyr

pilot
Cross post - first direct to helo pipeline - all contractor COPT-R class graduates and SNA's are off to HT's at Whiting with 3 hours of solo time in the Bell 206B3. No T-6 time.

To reiterate - the SNA's flew the Bell 206B3 solo - as teh sole occupant of the aircraft and not the bullshit solos of the HT's where another SNA is in the other seat.

Seems like a happy group!

This is the future - I suspect.

View attachment 39527
It will interesting to see how they are received by their squadron mates when they hit the fleet. Will they be thought of as “less then” because they did not go through the T-6 syllabus like the old heads? Kinda like if they let people become SEALs without having to go through BUDS.

croakerfish

pilot
It will interesting to see how they are received by their squadron mates when they hit the fleet. Will they be thought of as “less then” because they did not go through the T-6 syllabus like the old heads? Kinda like if they let people become SEALs without having to go through BUDS.
I mean Primary isn’t exactly the same thing as BUDS. You still have to get through Advanced to get your wings, and if you’re actually a “lesser” product then your class ranking will probably reflect that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doubtful. It will eventually just be the norm. Nobody should care what events someone did or didn’t do in the TRACOM.

bpoirier

This is a little bit off topic from where this thread is at the moment but I was wondering if there are any restrictions on flying general aviation while waiting for NIFE. I have my PPL and I’m wondering if I will be able to stay current while waiting for NIFE to start down in Pensacola. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already I haven’t been able to find a thread on it so any info would be appreciated!

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
This is a little bit off topic from where this thread is at the moment but I was wondering if there are any restrictions on flying general aviation while waiting for NIFE. I have my PPL and I’m wondering if I will be able to stay current while waiting for NIFE to start down in Pensacola. Apologies if this has been answered somewhere already I haven’t been able to find a thread on it so any info would be appreciated!
Not a schools command guy, but I believe that qualifies as a “high risk activity” (or at least I think it did when I was there) therefore requiring a special request chit. Your CoC would be able to help you with that. The chit is just a paperwork drill. Since API/NIFE/Whateverthehell is chronically backlogged I don’t see why they wouldn’t approve it.

jointhelocalizer

pilot
I flew GA while in A-Pool, but you aren’t allowed to fly once you class up for NIFE. I never flew while in a syllabus during all my time in Naval Aviation thus far. I flew GA in between Primary and Advanced and after the FRS, but my flying itch is scratched plenty with the challenge and fun of learning to fly new aircraft and gaining experience/qualifications.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
This might be the ‘wrong’ attitude for schools command, but every second you get in an aircraft will make you a better aviator. Obviously be smart about it (every day is STFU Friday), but I wouldn’t be worried to practice your future profession if you want to spend your money to do so. Turns out the gouge is out there and you can even practice the NIFE flight maneuvers, radio calls, etc and be prepared (and confident) when the time comes! I’ve known several Ensigns who even built fairly-detailed simulators to practice in vice actually flying - sort of drives me crazy to hear.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Doubtful. It will eventually just be the norm. Nobody should care what events someone did or didn’t do in the TRACOM.

We had our first wave of test cases of no VT-J CQ come through a while back. Never came up. I could have found out who they were probably, but it would have been completely irrelevant. Turns out, you will still enter a bandit gathering turn on deck arrival whether or not you did T-45 CQ. Even when I brief what to do like 7 times over.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to be working in flight managment this week? Trying to call up to ask some questions about check-in/leave policy.

eranger24

Does anyone know how many days people have been getting to PCS from OCS to Pensacola?
Do married sailors get more time to PCS?