• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Does anyone know how many days people have been getting to PCS from OCS to Pensacola?
Do married sailors get more time to PCS?
You get 7 days and nope it's the same if you're married or own a home. It's complete bs. I have heard rumors that if you really push the issue you can get more time. Everyone in my class got 7 days which they said was non negotiable.

You get 7 days and nope it's the same if you're married or own a home. It's complete bs. I have heard rumors that if you really push the issue you can get more time. Everyone in my class got 7 days which they said was non negotiable.
What was your class?

I graduated early 2023
Gotcha, I’m in the next class to graduate and apparently the detailer told our LT we check in the Monday after graduation weekend and they’re going to send us off after that. Hope that’s not actually the case because I don’t want to have to do the north to south cannonball run.

Gotcha, I’m in the next class to graduate and apparently the detailer told our LT we check in the Monday after graduation weekend and they’re going to send us off after that. Hope that’s not actually the case because I don’t want to have to do the north to south cannonball run.
Our orders said to check in the Friday following graduation. Not Monday. That's even crazier..

Our orders said to check in the Friday following graduation. Not Monday. That's even crazier..
Hope it’s not the case, but gotta wait for orders to find out. I have a house I need to prep to rent and I have to drive through it to get to pcola anyway. Probably gonna call flight management tomorrow to see if they would know.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Hope it’s not the case, but gotta wait for orders to find out. I have a house I need to prep to rent and I have to drive through it to get to pcola anyway. Probably gonna call flight management tomorrow to see if they would know.
You’ll get a report NLT date for the following Friday. The Monday is your 4 travel days. So show up Monday and you’ll use 0 leave. Show up any day after and they start taking. Hope this helps!

You’ll get a report NLT date for the following Friday. The Monday is your 4 travel days. So show up Monday and you’ll use 0 leave. Show up any day after and they start taking. Hope this helps!
Dope. You don’t happen to know if they are letting people take extra leave in the beginning do you? I have 24 use or lose days I don’t see myself being able to use during syllabus. And last time I talked to flight managment (September) they said SNFO doesn’t have wait times for NIFE pre-reqs. Bad gouge?

Dope. You don’t happen to know if they are letting people take extra leave in the beginning do you? I have 24 use or lose days I don’t see myself being able to use during syllabus. And last time I talked to flight managment (September) they said SNFO doesn’t have wait times for NIFE pre-reqs. Bad gouge?
It's good gouge but they'll work with you based on your circumstances.

BravoBeach

pilot
Commissioned Navy May 2021
Reported to Pensacola as a SNA in July 2021.
Finished NIFE in November 2021.
Assigned to Milton for Primary: July 2022 - October 2022.
Started Primary at Milton November 2022. Solo T6 April 2023.
Primary completer at Milton - July 2023.
Advanced Helo solo - October 2023.
TH-57C Day Navigation Solo/Instrument Navigation Solo - February 2024
(no down chits or breaks in training the entire time)

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A press release from the COPT-R contractor on completion of the first phase of the program, 6 SNA classes:

On behalf of all our staff members at Helicopter Institute, we would like to introduce the first six (6) graduating classes of the US Navy Contractor Operated Pilot Training- Rotary (COPT-R) program conducted in Fort Worth, Texas. COPT-R comprised of 48 Student Naval Aviators (SNA) that volunteered for an operational, test and evaluation program utilizing a non-military training pathway over a period on 10-weeks. Each SNA received a minimum of 50 hours of flight training during this period. All told, since program execution on October 2nd, 2023, COPT-R flew in excess of 2500 flight hours which included 2400 students hours, and the remaining split between train-the-trainer and maintenance hours,., all on time and on budget! All training concluded last Friday, March 29th, 2024.
A big thank you to the students and their leadership for the confidence, and our staff for an mazing program getting us all across the finish line safely!
The next group is expected to begin training in May 2024.

Mouselovr

Contributor
A press release from the COPT-R contractor on completion of the first phase of the program, 6 SNA classes:

On behalf of all our staff members at Helicopter Institute, we would like to introduce the first six (6) graduating classes of the US Navy Contractor Operated Pilot Training- Rotary (COPT-R) program conducted in Fort Worth, Texas. COPT-R comprised of 48 Student Naval Aviators (SNA) that volunteered for an operational, test and evaluation program utilizing a non-military training pathway over a period on 10-weeks. Each SNA received a minimum of 50 hours of flight training during this period. All told, since program execution on October 2nd, 2023, COPT-R flew in excess of 2500 flight hours which included 2400 students hours, and the remaining split between train-the-trainer and maintenance hours,., all on time and on budget! All training concluded last Friday, March 29th, 2024.
A big thank you to the students and their leadership for the confidence, and our staff for an mazing program getting us all across the finish line safely!
The next group is expected to begin training in May 2024.
Anecdotal,

But anyone interested in the direct helo pipeline, should heavily consider it.
It was not an option for me as it began once I started primary.

Now in helo advance, I’ve crossed many direct helo SNAs who throughly enjoyed their COPTR experience. They cut out a lot of primary-ism and get right to the flying. They wing incredibly quickly as COPTR is relatively short and (as per the moment), then complete an accelerated advance syllabus. The program isn’t easy but I’ve yet to meet anyone who said they were unhappy with their training exp or had regrets so far. This was a stark contrast to primary completers.

If you know you want rotary from the start, they seem to be establishing a good route.

Last edited: