• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

flgator92

None
Wings + 8 dude, it’s on the thing you signed. The clock doesn’t start until you’re wearing them. Counts towards 20 though.
For anyone wondering: for NFOs, it's wings + 6.
Yeah that what I thought. The person who stated this claims to be an SNA. Hope someone tells them lol.
Don't listen to SNAs/SNFOs. Unless they cite (and link) the specific instruction where they found the information, it's likely information churned out from the patently unreliable flight school rumor mill which has a 42 percent chance of being correct.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
For anyone wondering: for NFOs, it's wings + 6.

Don't listen to SNAs/SNFOs. Unless they cite (and link) the specific instruction where they found the information, it's likely information churned out from the patently unreliable flight school rumor mill which has a 42 percent chance of being correct.
Unless it’s coming from Corpus SNAs, in which case it has a 69 percent chance of being correct.

Mouselovr

Contributor
We are young, dumb ensigns.

Especially if they are in APool in Pensacola. Then there's like a 5% chance their gouge is correct. As an experiment, had a friend who "made up" a rumor and spread it during a duty section muster. Within 48 hours, I heard it repeated in the student lounge... smh

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Especially if they are in APool in Pensacola. Then there's like a 5% chance their gouge is correct. As an experiment, had a friend who "made up" a rumor and spread it during a duty section muster. Within 48 hours, I heard it repeated in the student lounge... smh
Good work. And continue to recognize that you will always be dumb, just dumb about different things. I’m a LCDR soon to be CDR and I’m still a damn idiot. Then again just being a LCDR makes me dumb regardless.

jointhelocalizer

pilot

Are they still pushing the scare tactic that "The Navy is trying to cut 700 pilots over the next 10 years?" I remember hearing that towards the end of my time there. Funny enough, Air Boss came and spoke at my graduation and said "I need all of you to wing; I can't afford to lose you."

dxfan06

Hopeful SNA-Dreadful Runner
Are they still pushing the scare tactic that "The Navy is trying to cut 700 pilots over the next 10 years?" I remember hearing that towards the end of my time there. Funny enough, Air Boss came and spoke at my graduation and said "I need all of you to wing; I can't afford to lose you."
yeah i've always thought that recently the Navy can't get enough pilots in seats

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
yeah i've always thought that recently the Navy can't get enough pilots in seats
While you’re not wrong about that, you’ll find out in practice that it’s never that simple or straightforward.

Primary is the bottleneck and Congress doesn’t like seeing a bunch of ENSs sitting around, so the Navy feels pressure to do something about it. As to why more resources aren’t directed toward Primary to widen the aperture, your guess is as good as mine.

dxfan06

Hopeful SNA-Dreadful Runner
While you’re not wrong about that, you’ll find out in practice that it’s never that simple or straightforward.

Primary is the bottleneck and Congress doesn’t like seeing a bunch of ENSs sitting around, so the Navy feels pressure to do something about it. As to why more resources aren’t directed toward Primary to widen the aperture, your guess is as good as mine.
yeah i agree. i should have added that in my comment haha

Mouselovr

Contributor
Somewhat. Its a lot less direct than that.
Less "we're trying to cut x number by the end of the year" and a lot more apathy such as "you're all numbers to the navy"

But its not all doom and gloom. A Pool is still A Pool.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
As to why more resources aren’t directed toward Primary to widen the aperture, your guess is as good as mine.
There are several reasons, but one rather glaring reason is that we don’t have enough IPs. With PERS shortening shore tours (some straight to the minimum of 24 months) to preserve 1 year to send people to the boat things aren’t getting better anytime soon. It is frustratingly predictable..

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
There are several reasons, but one rather glaring reason is that we don’t have enough IPs. With PERS shortening shore tours (some straight to the minimum of 24 months) to preserve 1 year to send people to the boat things aren’t getting better anytime soon. It is frustratingly predictable..
What does "1 year to send people to boat" mean? Is this the dis-associated sea tour - and is it only 12 months? Rhetorically I would ask why the Navy keeps insisting on taking aviators out of the cockpit at just the point where they have a peak of flying skill, judgement and experience.