• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I just heard the new skipper of VP-9 is only going to be there for a year. Is that a VP thing now, or one of these manning adjustments?
Standard tour for VP front office is 12 months as XO, then fleet up for 12 month CO.

So yes, one year as skipper has been normal for my whole sea tour, but they do spend two years in the squadron.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Reminder, don't kill birds inappropriately, send out f'ed up mass e mails or get a DUI.
Or, for the Marines, unload and show clear through your own hand and into the car next to you while you're at a stoplight downtown.
We were told that one of the bird guys recently made O5.
So maybe *do* kill birds

Great WSO! He was in my first airwing, and was at SFWSL when I was a TO during our workups.

A bird bro lived across the street from me in Milton when I was at primary. Good dude.

I think this story shows that you can survive almost anything as long as you're a good dude. Hell, we were all surprised to see that they were still in the Navy after bird gate.

(Princess Melanie stood no chance. Cone Tipper is doing well as a reserve T-45 IP though!)

Last edited:

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
I pitched teaching instruments in NIFE to save T-6 money/time in my primary debrief and just got laughed at.
That’s actually a good idea but attrition is the mission in API/ NIFE no matter what anyone there says. If the cared imparting knowledge the exams and culture behind how that information is taught would have to change dramatically..

Mouselovr

Contributor
One of our divos also told us a story from his time of an ENS who beat up staff at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. He was thrown to the fire of Disney lawyers.
You cannot survive Disney Gate.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
One of our divos also told us a story from his time of an ENS who beat up staff at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. He was thrown to the fire of Disney lawyers.
You cannot survive Disney Gate.

It’s like a game of Clue…”I’ll take Ensign Hill in the Disney Backstage with the PVC pipe’

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None

"The source said the squadron commander pulled all of the students and reminded them not to be stupid."

Pretty solid advice NGL.

edit:
"don't add to the population. don't subtract from the population. stay out of the hospital, newspaper, and jail. if you do end up in jail, establish dominance quickly."

He broke article three of the weekend safety/liberty brief, and was (I assume) dealt with accordingly.