• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
......or the kid who crashed into a family home in pcola......or the kill list in the VT-86 locker.......or princess Melanie for that matter
Yeah, but Princess Melanie and the Lead Ensign don’t really count. They didn’t light their careers on fire and ball them up into a flaming wreck, they just briefly went viral for looking like a total boob. Embarrassing, but recoverable from.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
We had the 2ndLt who decided to unload his personal pistol while stopped at a stoplight in downtown Pcola- said he was going to the Whataburger across the street from Sammys and didn't want to have a loaded gun in his car. Ended up unloading it through his hand, his door, and into the car next to him.

There was the other guy who strangled his fiancé's dog while she was away, then tried to hide the evidence by cutting it up and throwing it into a dumpster. He spent time in jail...

Oh, and that one guy who tried to drive from Pensacola to Western NY, both ways, non stop trade cars. He ALMOST made it home before falling asleep behind the wheel somewhere in Alabama.

O-1s do some dumb stuff...

croakerfish

pilot
My personal favorite was the dude who went to of all things a wine festival at Disney, got blacked out drunk, proceeded to attack a park employee with a length of PVC pipe, and was then ultimately subdued by NAS Pensacola enlisted students also visiting the park, including one who was purportedly wearing Mickey Mouse ears.
That happened the day after I checked out of that squadron and started driving to San Diego. I’ve been sustaining superior timing ever since.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There was the other guy who strangled his fiancé's dog while she was away, then tried to hide the evidence by cutting it up and throwing it into a dumpster. He spent time in jail...
Good God.

Of course, we're a civilized country, which means people like that don't die slowly and painfully like they deserve.

VMO4

I was in town when my personal favorite happened, the two studs who put themselves, their girlfriends, and the Cessna they rented on the roof of Cordova Mall

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was in town when my personal favorite happened, the two studs who put themselves, their girlfriends, and the Cessna they rented on the roof of Cordova Mall

One of the "girlfriends" was a SNA in the back seat. She was in a class just ahead or behind me in the RAG.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I heard about this, but never heard why. Did they run out of gas?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I heard about this, but never heard why. Did they run out of gas?

It's been a long time since I heard the details, but I believe fuel starvation was the cause, but I don't remember why. As I understand it, everyone continued on with their career, or at least flight school.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This A-Pool thing bothers me in a minor way. For god’s sake, send them to a boat or a squadron where they can at least get a feel for the navy. Make them work for that check.

Sonog

pilot
This A-Pool thing bothers me in a minor way. For god’s sake, send them to a boat or a squadron where they can at least get a feel for the navy. Make them work for that check.

Like half of disassociated sea tour jobs and every duty section can easily be done by a ensign.

Also, they're probably more in the know on DC stuff coming right from OCS.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Like half of disassociated sea tour jobs and every duty section can easily be done by a ensign.

Also, they're probably more in the know on DC stuff coming right from OCS.
Me and a couple other OCS grads personally thought OCS was a waste of time, except for the DC stuff. I would’ve almost rather have gotten my commission the Army way - go get beat at Great Lakes and spend some months in Newport learning how to be a DivO and DC stuff.

kejo

pilot
My personal favorite was the dude who went to of all things a wine festival at Disney, got blacked out drunk, proceeded to attack a park employee with a length of PVC pipe, and was then ultimately subdued by NAS Pensacola enlisted students also visiting the park, including one who was purportedly wearing Mickey Mouse ears.
This guy was supposed to be my on-wing. Needless to say, I wound up with a single.