• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First MH-60R squadron is established!

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
HSM-71 is owned by their CAG and will deploy with the airwing (with dets to the small boys). They are at NASNI and their CO is in fact a former HT instructor.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So does HS then go away completely? I am out of the loop on the HS/HSM deal.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
HS will be HSC - they will deploy the same way. The first HS squadron to make the transition is going through HSC-3 now (HS-7 I think, though I wouldn't swear to that).

1rotorhead

pilot
HS-8 is becoming HSC-8. Transitioning now. How in the world did they get the word "strike" in the name?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
MB, as far as I know they are sticking to the even east and odd west coast thing. Everything I've seen is still that way, HSM-70 is supposed to be here eventually.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder if CDR Nortier is the same guy who used to be an HT instructor.

Amazing to see these guys as LTs on their first shore tours and now they are COs.

The other brass in that pic look really not interested at all.

Then LT Nortier was my DIVO in HSL-44. Great dude. I'm glad he went places.

Brett

Pags

N/A
pilot
HS-8 is becoming HSC-8. Transitioning now. How in the world did they get the word "strike" in the name?

HS-8 became HSC-8 a few weeks ago.

HSC-8.gif

Attachments

• web_070928-N-4995K-095.jpg
    web_070928-N-4995K-095.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 102

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HS will be HSC - they will deploy the same way. The first HS squadron to make the transition is going through HSC-3 now (HS-7 I think, though I wouldn't swear to that).

Yes, but aren't some of the current HS squadrons going to become HSM instead of HSC?

kejo

pilot
Yes, but aren't some of the current HS squadrons going to become HSM instead of HSC?

Didn't see that on the master plan, but they are pulling some people from HS to go HSM because of the dipper on the romeo (bravo never had one). There are a couple ex-HS guys in HSM-41 right now.

As of now there are two 60B classes left in HSM-41 and we should be finishing up around mid-december. After that it'll be all romeo production in 41 with all bravo production going soley to HSL-40...for now.

The PCO of HSM-70, the first east coast romeo squadron is going through the syllabus at -41 right now. HSL-47 will be the first right out operational LAMPS squadron to begin transition to the romeo after they get back from their next deployment...as goes the plan.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So now CVW CAGs will have two helo squadrons to ignore, instead of just one? That's progress.

I always felt for the HS bubbas. The CAGs always had this attitude of "I don't know what they do and I don't much care...now shut up and get back in starboard-D".